What's new

FS Gillette Double Ring and Rudy Vey Shavemac Brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I continue to refine my humble den and today a grail razor and a couple of beautiful Rudy Vey Shavemac brushes are up for your consideration. As always, I try to price for equal or less than what I paid. Additional pictures upon request.

First up is the original, the Gillette Double Ring. In this case a 1905 with serial # 244659 in amazing condition. I get amazing shaves with this beautiful razor, but I am not a collector and this razor would be better on display in a collector's den.

The case is in the "nude" as the black wrapping was removed at some point. The latch closes like the day it was made and the box itself is in excellent condition despite the casing being removed. The interior is in terrific condition. The blade boxes are not original, but the contents have special early Gillette razor blades. Even the experts here on B&B had not seen these blades before (see images). Bonus: There are also a couple of odd straight razor pieces from the Swiss family Lecoultre, who are more widely known for their watches, but who also had family making shaving products in the 19th century.

After I purchased, I sent the razor to Cap Murphy to straighten a corner tooth and to give it thorough maintenance and a cleaning. As you can see by the pictures, it is in incredible condition for a soon to be 115 year old razor. I am asking $400 CONUS.

DR 5.jpg

IMG_3898.jpeg
IMG_1075.jpeg
IMG_1078.jpeg
DR 4.jpg

Next up are two Rudy Vey custom handles with Shavemac knots. Both have only been used a handful of times.

The following is a faux ivory Persian Jar with a Shavemac Finest Badger knot (24mm loft to 50mm approximate). It is an excellent brush, but I am finding myself liking scrubby and dense knots. This knot has a softer touch for which the Finest Badger knots are known. Asking $80 CONUS.

IMG_3889.jpeg

Next up is another Rudy Vey custom handle. This a barber handle variant in Marbled Butterscotch with a Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip knot (24mm loft to 50mm approximate). I love the knot on this brush, but it is just a bit too big for my liking (the handle is 3.25"h and the total brush 5.25"h). Asking $110 CONUS.

IMG_3895.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_3882.jpeg
    IMG_3882.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Weekend special: One and only price reduction for these items. Pricing is delivered CONUS.

Gillette Double Ring: $350.00
Rudy Vey faux ivory Persian Jar: $75.00
Rudy Vey marbled butterscotch: $100.00

I forgot to mention the first brush sale will also get the following Omega boar brush. This is a great little brush and only used a couple of times. I have the Omega Jade, so this one would love to find a home with one of these beautiful Rudy Vey Shavemac brushes.

IMG_3891.jpeg

GLWTS, Thomas! - Wow, you really mean business when you say you are not a collector. This is a supercool set with the naked wooden case. HOW CAN YOU DO It? - First Dan, now you - walk away from the (modern) light!!!
:facep::crying::001_rolle

Thanks Peter. I do love the DR and may end up keeping it if someone doesn't jump on it soon! Same goes for my RV brushes. What was I thinking?! With that being said, I am looking forward to taking the NEW Deluxe for a spin tomorrow for King Gillette Weekend.

Going Modern with a 1930 razor.................I LOVE it !! :thumbup:

I know... an 89 year old razor is new to me this week. Isn't that awesome?! That's why restraint and sabbaticals are so difficult around this forum.

D

dangerousrazor

Thanks Peter. I do love the DR and may end up keeping it if someone doesn't jump on it soon! Same goes for my RV brushes. What was I thinking?! With that being said, I am looking forward to taking the NEW Deluxe for a spin tomorrow for King Gillette Weekend.

that's what I was thinking on the New Deluxe when I put it on sale.... I am now regretting a bit that I sold the razor..
Hope you enjoy the New Deluxe :)

I cannot believe this RV Persian Jar with Shavemac Finest Badger Fan is still sitting here at $75. The knot alone costs that much and look at that beauty!! (Down there in the picture!!!) It could be in your den by next the King Gillette Weekend.

IMG_3911.jpeg

One last incentive. I really want someone to love this RV faux ivory Persian Jar brush, so I will throw in this unused, unopened tub of Trumper's Violet shaving cream with purchase at $75 CONUS.

IMG_3920.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom