What's new

How Many Soaps?

I’ve got a simple question: How many soaps do each of you have? A lot or a little...? What are your top five and the ones in your stash that you use the least.? What are your thoughts about the soaps you have, all descriptions much welcomed!

I have about 50.

My least used are Wilkinson Sword Blue tub (awful stuff), Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo (way too much menthol) and Williams Mug (my emergency/cottage soap).

My most used are PdP 63, St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot, DG Massacre of the Innocents, Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars and Stirling Island Man (summer only).

Out of my 50 or so soaps and creams, I rotate almost all of them. Very few sit unused for long unless it is a seasonal soap (ie. I wouldn’t likely use Hallows in July or Margaritas in the Arctpic in February).

Think I got 15 soaps & creams however it's hard to choose 5 favs but here's some I use frequently lately

Zingari man Navigator
MDC Fougere
Saponificio varesino 70th
Barrister & mann reserve waves
Stirling sharp dressed man
Tobs jermyn street
Truefitt & Hill 1805

How many soaps? 106
A lot or a little? A lot.
Top five most used:
  1. Hungarian Lavender (Mike's Natural Soaps): 31 shaves
  2. Stella Alpina (Saponificio Varesino): 26 shaves
  3. Royal Fougère (Asylum): 22 shaves
  4. Vetiver (Mike's Natural Soaps): 21 shaves
  5. Marshlands (L&L Grooming): 20 shaves
Bottom five least used (not counting ones I bought in the last 12 months):
  1. Woody Almond (Meißner Tremonia): 2 shaves
  2. Puristic Style (Meißner Tremonia): 2 shaves
  3. The Trail (Noble Otter): 3 shaves
  4. Exotic Elemi (Meißner Tremonia): 3 shaves
  5. Wild Oranges (Meißner Tremonia): 3 shaves
Thoughts on my soaps: I try to purge my soap heap from time to time, but I just don't have the heart to put any of them down. And besides, deciding which soap to use each day is just as much fun as actually using it. The soaps I use the most are also my oldest soaps. The soaps I have lathered the least are all relatively new to me.

I've owned several hundred soaps and I've tried well over 600. Got my personal collection up to a couple hundred then whittled it down to around 50 or so repeating this process several times. I've gotten very particular after trying just about everything. At this point maybe forty some soaps on hand but I really only use soap that I make myself and sometimes Ethos.

I got around 50-60 soaps... I have been trying to reduce the collection but I do like to smell each and every one of them. Difficult task, haha.

My most used soaps are mostly Stirling. My go-to soaps really.

Everything else, I just rotate through it so I don't favor one soap over other.

My least used, is probably Williams. I keep it to have fun with it sometimes but it does dry out my skin and the scent is nothing too pleasing..

About 35 soaps and 3 creams. Some unsused. I would say my favorite is Martin de Candre, I really Iike the scents. ( Got Agrumes and fougere ) Least used are some razorock soaps. Great scents with ok lathers but the tripple milled are still new. Got about 10 RR soaps.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Between soaps and creams I probably have about 30 varieties, but I have multiples of several cheap soaps like Palmolive (around 20), Wilkinson Sword stick (around 8), Arko (10), and Williams old (around 35) and new (around 20). I have 40+ year old 'vintage' Williams still in the factory packaging, 12 pucks to the package.

I have had probably 20 soaps, now I have it down to 6, all the others I have thrown away.
I really only use 3 on a regular basis and mostly just 2.

MDC Fougere
MDC Argumes
MWF

DG In the Rain
B&M Seville
AofS Sandalwood Cream

The throw away’s were:

Proraso Sensitive skin
Colonel Conks
Lather & Wood
Tabac (but I my give that one another shot)
Jabonman Mediterraneo
DG unscented
Leviathan B&M
There were a few other B&M’s I just can not remember them
Cold River Soap Works Barber Shop
I even threw away my first MWF , but then gave it a second try

here are my shave soaps (and creams) this year, by brand.
probably 50 +/-.
and probably another 30-40 others that did not make the rotation this year.
happy shaves and holidays to all!!

2020 shave comp.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I was surprised that I had 12 soaps, I think that is too much for me. I also have around 10 creams. I could definitely punt a few of the lesser used varieties. Problem is, even the lesser used ones are really good, just not getting around to using them because of my preferred ones. Im satisfied with the quality of what I have, just over did it. Live and learn.

I currently have two: one scented, one unscented because that's all I feel I need.

On second thought, if you count the one I moved to the shower since I won't be shaving with it, I have three.

I’ve got 7 soaps and only use two. I use Mitchell’s Wool Fat 99% of the time and TOBS Jermyn Street the other 1%. I’ve got 5 different Stirling soaps and have only used Sheep about 3 times. The other 4 are still sealed up and I couldn’t even tell you which ones they are.

Top Bottom