What's new

How many soaps/creams in rotation?

How many soaps and creams do you guys keep in your rotation? I realize this may be different for everyone, and each soap/cream may be different.

Currently loading up on software and want to make sure I'm not buying more than I can use before it loses its scent and/or needs to be thrown out.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I generally stick with Arko as a daily driver, and use Stirling for some variety. I also have Williams and a few Proraso options for making super lathers. Cella is my travel tub.

I rotate everything I have. You shouldn't need to worry about having to throw anything out or scent loss. Some people have reported Cella going rancid but I've had a tub on the go for a couple of years and it's dandy. Just make sure you store eveything in a cupboard. Mine are in the bathroom cabinet, beneath the sink.

I rotate between 1 soap and 1 cream. How many i have on stock, is another story. I don't want to know. You are wise to continue not buying much.

I rotate between 8 shaving cream, I try to change it up every time I shave

LEA
Palmolive green
Palmolive red
La Toja
Proraso White
Proraso Green
Speick
Cella green tube.

Year-round soaps: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper; Mike's Hungarian Lavender; MLSW The Kraken (will need another babershop-style soap when this runs out).

Summer soaps: Dr. Jon's Savannah Sunrise; Mike's Peppermint and Rosemary

Winter soaps: Druantia and Carpathia (both from Southern Witchcrafts)

Currently: Old Spice Original, Old Spice Musk, Proraso Green (tube), and Razor Rock Saturnia.
All give great results.

How many soaps and creams do you guys keep in your rotation? I realize this may be different for everyone, and each soap/cream may be different...
Think about how much inventory you want to carry. If your average soap lasts three months, then you can expect to go through four soaps in a year, eight soaps in two years, twelve soaps in three years, etc. You may find soaps last a lot longer than you think. Hard soaps will last longer than soft soaps.

Bear in mind that stores will still be there if you need more soap. You don't have to hoard it.

All I can say is, be careful trying to 'subscribe' to all the offerings of any given craftsperson/group. Some can have you in the multiple tens of soaps in a couple of years. And, even being "generous" in your daily usage can result in a long-lasting relationship to any one puck when in rotation with others!

My soap rotation consists of:
  1. Arko (always)
  2. Tabac (always)
  3. MWF (always)
  4. Option 1 - currently XPEC Original
  5. Option 2 - currently WK Fougere Bouquet
When an Option soap is used up I'll pick a new Option soap from my stash of 8 or so.

Every once in a while I'll depart from the rotation soaps for a shave or two (today it was Mogno).

In theory, it's
Arko
Palmolive
Speick
MWF

with the shave sticks turned into pucks, but recently it has been MWF nearly all the time. Just bought 2 spare MWF refills.

I have about 10 soaps and 4 creams, but hope to get to 2-3 soaps and 1-2 creams eventually and on-going. Leading candidates are MWF, MdC, Haslinger, Lavanda, and La Toja.

A&E Kaizen base Summer Fig
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Sterling Sheep
Sterling Agar
TOBS Jermyn Street
Three other Sterling Soaps that I don’t recall the names.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
My soap rotation is mainly me going to the bathroom with every intention of trying to use up one of my 3017 soaps. Next I look at the 24 soaps on my shelf and I end up picking one of my favourites and using that. Finally I finish my shave and feel guilty that I am no closer to finishing any of my 3017s.

I’ve paired my rotation to under 10. I’ve tried lots of soaps & have had drawers & baskets full of soap tubs. But I’ve found what works best for me & I’m sticking with them.

Not enough!

According to my recollection (which is likely faulty):
Haslinger’s line up (some in both tallow and vegan)
Fine (most of their now discontinued hard soaps)
Cella (brick and tub)
Tabac
Vito’s red
MWF
MdC fougere
La Toja stick (with multiple back-ups)
Must be a few others in there also!
:a29: :a29:

Top Bottom