Proraso Green cream
Stirling Texas on Fire sample
Erasmic red tub soap
PAA Atmotic soap
TFS Sera soap (almost gone)
Tabac stick soap
La Toja stick soap
Arko stick soap

I use them pretty much at random, unlike the razors (8), which I use in a pattern over 2 weeks. That said, the 4 creams and the 3 sticks are getting most of the action nowadays, sometimes in combination (a soap goes on as a pre-shave, then I apply cream, or the reverse).

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
CRSW Glide Etherea
CRSW Glide Jardin d'Orange
Boellis Panama
Savonnerie du bon Berger
Jabonman Mediterraneo
Speick
CRSW Select

No rotations here. Here's what I use:
Vitos Super Red Coco
Vitos Eucalyptus Cream
I will use them until they're gone. Maybe I'll purchase more, or I'll try something else. There's no stockpiling, no "inventory" to speak of, with either razors, blades, brushes, aftershaves, or bowls.

I'll plead no contest to being "boring.":wink2: But I get excellent shaves for what works out to pennies per day, and that was one of my main goals when I switched from those incredibly expensive cartridges to the traditional wet shave.

No rotations here. Here's what I use:
Vitos Super Red Coco
Vitos Eucalyptus Cream
I will use them until they're gone. Maybe I'll purchase more, or I'll try something else. There's no stockpiling, no "inventory" to speak of, with either razors, blades, brushes, aftershaves, or bowls.

I'll plead no contest to being "boring.":wink2: But I get excellent shaves for what works out to pennies per day, and that was one of my main goals when I switched from those incredibly expensive cartridges to the traditional wet shave.
1 kilogram of Vitos Super could last several years
500 grams of Vitos Cream could last several years

You have enough "inventory" for probably 4+ years, just a shocking lack of variety! (especially around here) 😲

I think you have reduced your cost per shave to the minimum, though. :applause:

^^^
A kilo lasts, on average for me, 2 years. I've been "carrying on" with this method of shaving for quite a few years now. Down to the last quarter of the tube, and I don't remember when I bought it.

There's nothing wrong with having a rotation, but sometimes around here posts come up lamenting the fact that there's no way to get through the huge collection everyone is "doomed" to have accumulated. There are alternatives.

I'm kind of hijacking a thread that may be fun for some folks; I'll step aside.:001_smile

...There's nothing wrong with having a rotation, but sometimes around here posts come up lamenting the fact that there's no way to get through the huge collection everyone is "doomed" to have accumulated. There are alternatives...
I'm just kidding around. It's good to hear some alternative points-of-view.

One of these days, I will have the soaps pared down to a dozen or so. That's my lofty ambition. :laugh:

Don't even want to count, but I estimate around 35 to 40 full tubs and a lot more than that in samples. Mostly soaps, but a few creams. I do it seasonal, so about half for winter and half summer. Way more than I need or can use in remaining yrs of my life. Agree with what was said early part of this thread, "You are wise continuing not buying much", but not because they'll go bad. Just because by hoarding, it'll reach a saturation point where you realistically cannot use all you've obtained.

Here is a picture of my current rotation.
View attachment 1253611

We share similar tastes. Of the 10 soaps I own, included are: MWF, Tabac, Sterling executive man, A&E Kaizen, B&M Seville
Way too many I admit but I've been whittling them down and it's fewer than a year ago
In no particular order...
soaps........
MWF
Floris #89 ( the new formula)
Tabac
Irish Moos
Yardley
PdP
PdP#63
C&E Sienna
C&E Nomad
C&E Mysore Sandalwood
AoS Sandalwood, tallow
AoS Lavender, tallow
Penhaligon's English Fern. tallow
There are a few others that slip my mind and I can't look without waking my wife ( it's 3:55 am here)
creams......
Coates Almond, Sandalwood, Lavender, Rose & Lime
C&E Sienna , Nomad, & Goats milk
Xpec
Musgo Real
Palmolive
As I said, I'm on a mission to bring the number down. Unfortunately my favorite soaps (Yardley, English Fern, AoS ) have been discontinued long ago, fortunately I've enough to last me until I can't shave myself anymore.
Edit: the new formula Floris has been added to my list of favorites and that's still in production for now, so some #89 refills and a gathering of Elite are the only purchases I can see in my future.
View attachment 1253611
View attachment 1253611

We share some similar taste. Of the 12 soaps I own are included: Tabac, MWF, A&E kaizen and sparticus, Sterling executive man, and B&M Seville!

2 would be the answer however my rotation is about 3 month or so. Currently on a puck of Williams and when that’s done I will start another stick of Arko. And so the rotation goes.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I was playing the shave roulette game and was all in with 60 soaps but over the past week I've managed to reduce my collection down to 31. Still too many. The more I think about it the more ridiculous it seems. Maybe half my soaps are samplers, so that's good I guess.

Currently:

Stirling Baker Street
Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Tabac
Arko stick (squashed in a bowl)
Palmolive cream

On it's way: Lea classic cream

Lost count 😄 but these are the one's I really enjoyed lately

MDC Original
MDC Fougere
Caties bubbles Marché du rasage
Fine lavender pour homme
SV 70th
Fitjar Havn
Eufros Gea
PAA Cad

I have about a dozen that I actively use in a random rotation. 2 are about to kick but I probably will not open a new soap for awhile.

I have roughly 30 new and unused so I don’t need to buy any more for a long time! There have been some amazing deals on different forums that I couldn’t pass up!

The one's I'm currently using are-

Tabac soap
LEA classic soap
Omega Herbae soap
Kent Mentholated cream (nearly all gone)
Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera cream

P.S. Just ordered Arko Lavender cream

Fine: Lavander, Fresh, Green,

PAA: Diver Down, Gondolier, Future Fiction

Sterling: Ramblin Man, Tangerine

Otter: Barrbarr

Classics: Tabac, MWF, Prorasso Green, Arko, Cella TOBS Sandalwood, Williams,

Sticks: Speick, Derby

Top Bottom