What's new

How many shaves do you get from your favorite type of blade?

As the question says how many shaves from your favorite blade on average do you get?

I use Schick Proline artist club type blades and I get 18 shaves out of one blade.
For a DE blade I use 7 O'clock Yellows and I get 10 shaves of of a blade.
For any GEM blades I get 7 shaves out of a blade.

What do you use and how many shaves do you get?

You can't beat the artist club type blades for longevity. I change them at 18 shaves but I know I could get at least 5 more shaves but I want to keep it smooth shaving.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I always aim for 7 shaves per DE blade. I have pushed some to 14 and I think I may have once pushed one to 21. I can usually get 21 to 28 out of a cartridge razor. I once pushed a BIC Flex 4 to 105.

I could get more shaves out of my DE and SE blades (and I have on many occasions), but I don't need to keep track of how many times I've used a blade if I just set a day to switch to a new one. I have enough to last another twenty years so I figure why push a blade until it's too uncomfortable to use. I feel a week is long enough not to be considered wasteful.

I could get more shaves out of my DE and SE blades (and I have on many occasions), but I don't need to keep track of how many times I've used a blade if I just set a day to switch to a new one. I have enough to last another twenty years so I figure why push a blade until it's too uncomfortable to use. I feel a week is long enough not to be considered wasteful.

That's what I figure too. I could make my SE blades go longer than 18 but why push it.

As the question says how many shaves from your favorite blade on average do you get?

I use Schick Proline artist club type blades and I get 18 shaves out of one blade.
For a DE blade I use 7 O'clock Yellows and I get 10 shaves of of a blade.
For any GEM blades I get 7 shaves out of a blade.

What do you use and how many shaves do you get?
Gillette 7 O’clock Super Stainless 3 shaves max for top shave and performance
Also Tiger Blades are amazing and great smooth shave 3 x max usage

Lately my favorite has been the GSB.
I get 10 + shaves from them. Second favorite are the 2 kinds of Astras. 10+ on those also.

AC style:
--Proline: 10-12
--Kai Pinks: 10-12

DE:
--Polsilver/Wizamet: 4-6
--GSB: 4-5

Injector (kinda irrelevant for me as I sold my only injector a few weeks ago; UNTIL hopefully Blackland makes one soon)
--Schick ("Chick"): 15-18
--Personna: 14-16

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
My blades cost USD 30 to 100 each here in the Philippines, so I try and get as many shaves as I can out of one blade. My Titan ACRM-2 ($30) is over 50 shaves now and still going strong. I expect that it will last 30k to 50k shaves out of one blade.

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Double edge are the only disposable blades I use. Most give me 10-14 shaves, but some go further.

Derby Premium 16-18
Wilkinson Sword 18-20
Astra SP 25-30
Gillette SharpEdge 30-35
Feather 30-35

My overall favourite of those is the Wilkies.

Top Bottom