What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

Total 9, 5 boar (4 of which are in use) 3 badger (no longer used) 1 synth (seldomly used) out of all only three have the factory handle the rest are custom.

Update ... number keeps going up 🤷‍♂️

Essentia Olive Horse
Lovgren&Daughter Lilac Silvertip
Essentia Olive/Resin Badger/Boar
MRed Resin Plissoft Synth
Honey Farm Designs Maple/Resin Boar
Rudy Vey B&B 2018 Shavemac Silvertip
OZShaving Cocobolo Silvertip
Rudy Vey B&B 2019 Manchurian
Rudy Vey UK Boar
Somerset Era Simpson Major Best Badger Truefitt & Hill Turnback Style Travel Brush
Wild West Brushworks Resin BOSS Synth
Restored Omega Muhle Synth
ColoradoRazorDesigns Resin Shavemac D01
EliteRazors Wild Horse Jasper High Mountain White

Up to 15 now. 12 Paladin' s, 1 M&F Finest Collaboration, 1 SV 2.0 HMW and1 Simpson Chubby 2 Silvertip. Each is unique in it's own way. Funny thing is that I have more than enough if I was practical but no there are a few other I want maybe 4......Collect them all kids!

Last edited:
Sorry but not listing them all I am at 112 I have 6 horse 8 Synthetics the rest is a few boar but I love badger more so the 2 band. with 3 more on route

20191004_153301.jpg

A bunch but not as many as some here. Haha.

Count is currently:

24 paladin
2 Wolf Whisker
2 SOC

And a couple others I keep meaning to sell.

I was going to say too many brushes till I saw this. Now I'm thinking the answer is not enough brushes. :eek2::drool:. I think I have 14 brushes. I keep getting brushes so I can give to people who can't afford shave supplies. I keep trying to get everything I can cheap to help others out who can't afford it.

5ish

Semogue SOC Boar
Yaqi 24 mm silvertip badger with Mysterious Space handle
APShaveCo 30 mm SynBad with faux marble handle
APShaveCo 24 mm Cashmere with Blue Lagoon handle (this may be my new travel brush)
APShaveCo 30 mm Cashmere knot, to go into a custom handle soon

OK so I'm down to four. Parker Silvertip, Parker black badger with a faux ivory marbled handle, Remembering Sue Omega, and an Omega boar that was on sale for $7 @ WCS for the missy's legs and whatnot.

I actually prefer black badger over silvertip, for me it gives a much more exfoliating shave while still being badger. It's a bit softer at the tips than a pure, but a bit more backbone than a pure. Like the perfect blend of badger and boar.

I only own 1 brush.

It feels great, smells great and it works every time just as it should. I guess I am in a very small minority here seeing the gigantic collections others have.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I only own 1 brush.

It feels great, smells great and it works every time just as it should. I guess I am in a very small minority here seeing the gigantic collections others have.
You've got plenty, if it's a good one!

I got around 30 brushes that all positioned all over my area. Definitely don't need more but I am looking towards adding couple more for experimentation sake. I went a little too crazy this year with brushes but I'm hoping to slow it down for the next year with more GRUMEs.

I own maybe 5 brushes (leaving aside the Gillette Deep Sea Brush, bought for a larf).
Only three get used.
One of them lives in my shower and is used when in a hurry (Kent Silvertex), which is "almost always"; One is for weekends and occasions (Mk1 Plisson / L'Occitane) and the third goes to Norway with Lady Fatboy and I (Omega Mixed Midget).
My 32mm silvertip never gets used and neither does the Omega 48, 'cos they're just too huge.

I want to be a brush guy. I really do, but looking at the price of quality brushes turns my thoughts to how much cutting compound and how many dinged up straight razors could be bought with it.

Top Bottom