What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

1. VDH Deluxe Boar - no longer used. I keep it as it was my first full size brush
2. Col. Conk badger - rarely used and keep it as if I ever want "natural" every now and then
3. Mühle RYTMO black fibre - parents house
4. Mühle KOSMO STF v2 - daily
5. The body shop - travel Dopp kit.

I guess its it's easy to "collect" brushes. :001_rolle
6. L'Occitane Pilsson

REALLY easy to "collect.":blink:

Four, two of which I'm selling.
The two I'm keeping: Semogue 1800 and 1250.
Selling a Semogue 1438 and Vie-Long Beehive Silvertip.

I'm up to 7 and done with any new purchases.

1. Semouge 620 boar

2. Semouge mixtura

3. Tweezerman badger (travel brush)

4. Simpsons Commodore X3

5. Rooney 1/1 Silvertip

6. WD custom firehouse handle in silvertip

7. M&F 2XL Blonde Badger

Last edited:
I have two. I love my restored WD 22mm silvertip. It is soft and smooth and gets better every shave. However, I'm still trying to get my technique up to par with it and soaps, but it is perfect with creams.

I have a no-name 10-year-old boar which is getting better on the soaps as I learn more, and someday I might move up the boar ladder. No Simogue for me, though, even with all the great reviews: I don't like those metal rings.

That Simpson Rover is the best-looking brush I've ever seen. Lucky for me, I can't afford SBAD.

2. Both custom made. Both badger hair. Ones a finest knot to be used for soft soaps and the other is silvertip to be used for creams. Debating getting a Semogue in order to get a good lather from MWF and other hard soaps I have.

12. I use in order of preference which might only change as far as the Chief is concerned.

shavemac d01 2band flat
Rooney 1/2 Finest
Rooney 2XL jade
Rooney stubby 1 finest
Rooney 2/1 finest
M&F 2xl finest
M&F chief
Rooney 1xl
plisson handle with shavemac d01 3band
Rooney 3xl
M&F 2band blonde in horn
vie-long 2band flat top

close to a year later and I'm down to 8. No additions or losses in quite some time.

shavemac d01 2band flat
Rooney 1/2 Finest
Rooney 2XL jade
M&F 2xl finest
Rooney 1xl
plisson handle with shavemac d01 3band
M&F 2band blonde in horn
vie-long 2band flat top

I wouldn't have sold the 4 if my computer hadn't died and needed replacement. I'm missing all of them including the Chief.

WD 30mm silvertip stock loft
WD 24mm silvertip 50mm loft
WD 24mm pure black badger stock loft
WD 24mm with TGN silvertip
WD 30mm Boar
Omega 49
Omega 81052
VDH Boar

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'll be down to, I think, 20 in 2 weeks or so, just PIFed away a Simpsons, and am PIFing another 3 in my Contributors Mini Drive PIF; a Simpsons Harvard H4 and Somerset Rover plus an RV Chubby3 clone.

Currently only half a dozen, but only started seriously collecting in 2013. Right now waiting for my latest brush, the new Badger & Blade Omega Blond with the Gold Leaves Handle. Hooray! Also have the Omega 10098 Pro Boar, Omega 11047 Banded Boar, Omega 599 Silvertip Badger, Omega 6240 Silvertip Badger with Wooden Briar Root Handle, and the Omega 636 Silvertip Badger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom