What's new

How many months or years of soap do you have?

At least 20 years. I have a problem!!! Planning on sending some overstock and neglected product to BST soon so I might be able to get down to 15 :). Def going to try and go on the sabbatical next year.

I'd guess 4-5 years. I don't soak my pucks before use so they last a long, long time. I get 6-9 months out of a hard English soap like MWF or GFT. I've got 2.5 pucks of GFT, 2 of Floris, 1.5 of Cade, 1 of T&H, plus about a month of MWF left. Anybody else get away without soaking their puck? I use a wet brush and hold the bristles to give it more backbone while loading. I face lather, and don't notice any difference in the quality of lather now compared to when I started out and did soak my pucks. I like the feeling of getting more use out of a puck of soap, it seems less wasteful to me. But it's tough to have such a slow rotation. There are plenty of other soaps out there that I'd like to try. I just can't justify having a lifetime supply losing it's scent in the bathroom cupboard.

Not nearly enough. Only about 3 months worth.:blushing:

Whoa! Really, how do *YOU* sleep? I mean, come on, what if civilization collapses or something like that?

(Muttering to self, "Boy, not giving that guy any OCD awards.")

Whoa! Really, how do *YOU* sleep? I mean, come on, what if civilization collapses or something like that?

(Muttering to self, "Boy, not giving that guy any OCD awards.")

Not well. A recent scare convinced me I need to Treewhale with my favorite soapmaker. Now I just need the funds to do it.

One tub of Wilkinson Sword blue, in fact my first soap ever after years of shameful canned goop. It will last 18 months easy.

Last edited:
Probably about a years worth. I am kinda searching for that 'one soap' that will be my mainstay, so some of my soaps will likely get piffed at some point after xmas in a starter kit.

I did the math last night and it was surprising. :w00t: I probably have 4 years (if I load it generously) worth tucked away or in rotation!

Let's just say that when and if the Shavapocalypse ever occurs, none of my relatives and friends will ever have to worry.

I have merely 4 sample pucks of Stirling and a small tube of OC Bigelow from Bath and Bodyworks. I only have 10 shaves under my belt from these 5 samples. Prior to that, I've used up a puck of Van der Hagen soap in 6 months and used Edge Gel for the first 6 months of DE shaving.

I would guess a full puck of Stirling would last me a year. I have 2 of the scents that I sampled that I want to repurchase in full pucks and a few more sample scents I want to try.

I probably have at least 2-3 years of soap, especially since I don't shave daily. I have one of each Haslinger soap, a 1kg brick of Cella, Proraso white and green, and even some cheapo stuff from my local stores like VDH Deluxe and some others.

Top Bottom