What's new

How many grow beards because shaving causes irritation and ingrown hairs?

Never had issues with ingrown hair or irritation but I will let my facial hair grow for a week or three from time to time just to give my skin a break. But during that time I shave the neck area once every other day.

Kept a beard for quite a few years, groomed fairly short and neat. I liked the looks since I was a bit baby-faced back then. When I got older the grey hair thing started and I decided to shave it off because it wasn't evenly grey and made me feel old.

A big advantage of the beard was easy maintenance. When clean shaven, I frequently had a 5 O'clock shadow when using electric razors. Not too much of an issue with DE shaving, though.

Last edited:
short answer yes and no.....LOL!!!!

Yes I used to grow beards because the irritation caused by over extending the cartridge life beyond belief due to them costing an arm and a leg, and NO, not because ingrowns or irritation because of the shave itself, but because the blades were crap.

Now that I shave with the DE's and all the other formats of razors, haven't grown one except for the last 7 months when I got bored/lazy and didn't shaved at all.

My mom said it was depression, but I have other data:letterk1:

Top Bottom