What's new

How is the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades?

I like the russian green and yellow, silver blue and platinum.

How's the performance of this compared to the other four I posted above? :D

People are going to be able to answer that according to their own experience, but because their face and skin and beard density and hair type and even lather and water hardness are different from you , there's no way to know if someone else's experience is going to match yours at all , or be the exact opposite. You just have to try them for yourself.

for me the Wilkinson sword blades are one of my "go to" budget blades. They don't cut as easily as some, but they perform pretty well in most of my razors.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

To try to provide some comparison, my benchmark blade is an Astra SP. It's the middle of the pack for sharpness while being smooth and durable. I find the Gillette Wilkies to be very slightly less sharp than Astras but very slightly smoother. It's been a while since I used one so I can't say how they compare with longevity.

Been awhile since I used them, so take this with a grain of salt.

For me the German Wilkies were good blades: solid in my middle tier. Tried a Chinese Wilkie recently (apparently made for the Indian market) that was also a good blade. Both are well worth trying IMO!

I have really come to like the Chinese made or Indian made Indian Wilkinson sword blades. They provide me with a smooth comfortable shave and the price point is excellent. I unfortunately have less experience with the German Wilkie but my recollection of them was that they were comfortable and effective. I have a fair supply of them that I plan to use up.

The German & Chinese made Wilkies work very well for me as in X7 shaves each. The Indian Wilkies give me X 5-6 good shaves.

Where is a good source for Chinese Wilkies??? All of them on Ebay seem to say they are from India.
I queried a few Indian eBay sellers stating that I specifically wanted Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades manufactured in China.
The following seller responded stating (s)he could supply, so I bought 200. They arrived without a hassle. (don't expect fast delivery) :)
200 x GILLETTE WILKINSON SWORD BLADES Double Edge Razor Blades Free Shipping | eBay

Most of the sellers state that they will ship whatever they have in stock, and even show both the Indian 10 blade tucks and the Chinese made 5 blade tucks in their pics. Best to ask first.

I queried a few Indian eBay sellers stating that I specifically wanted Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades manufactured in China.
The following seller responded stating (s)he could supply, so I bought 200. They arrived without a hassle. (don't expect fast delivery) :)
200 x GILLETTE WILKINSON SWORD BLADES Double Edge Razor Blades Free Shipping | eBay

Most of the sellers state that they will ship whatever they have in stock, and even show both the Indian 10 blade tucks and the Chinese made 5 blade tucks in their pics. Best to ask first.
Thank you for your input. I will give it a go.

I communicated with this seller and they confirmed that this listing is for Chinese gillettes. I would confirm in case that changes.
100 pc GILLETTE WILKINSON SWORD RAZOR BLADES double edge safety razor blade*** | eBay

I find them to be really good in aggressive razors. They are sharp enough to where I get no tugging but smooth enough where I don't nick myself. They give the perfect balance, imo. I think they're equal to most of Gillette's other blades. Not as sharp as a Nacet, perhaps not as smooth as a Silver Blue (which tug for me). Somewhere in between.

I hate to say this but this didn't work out for me so I'm pifing it away to another B&B member.

It might be sharp but it burns my face. Luckily it only costs $2.90 SGD for 55 pieces here.

Top Bottom