What's new

How Hot??

Whats going on its freaking Netherlands I live in not Hawai ?

98 Fahrenheit = 36,6 C degrees. I believe its the hottest day in the history of the Dutch or was it the hottest day since 42 years or so well I will believe its the hottest day of our history.

No one dares to walk in the shopping malls everyone hiding for the heat normal temperature for us Dutch would be 25 to 26 degree's Celcius !!!!!!!!

The airco in the office here does nothing blows out air of 21 degree or so calling itself and AC is an insult to AC's .

At home I have a big portable AC which cools fast ,the car has AC aswell.

some guy painting and cleaning the satellite dishes here at the company he almost fainted working in the direct sunlight I think he owes it to himself too little protection I bet he didnt use any sunprotection on his face it looked all red and sweaty and he was standing infront of the dishes about 1 meter distance all the time and we told him do NOT stand infront of the microwaves I mean they blast right thru you, its like being inside a microwave not so good for your humancells.. I hope the guy doesnt develop cancer. we cant shutdown the transmitt on those dishes .

I usually take showers above 33C degrees so im used to heat I think its very bad for my skin dry it out too much.
Just had an almond Magnum ice cream to cool down from teh fridge here at work, will see if there is a cold Grolsch beer left to cool down a bit further.. did I say I love this place here...

Just checked the airco setting it wasnt on cooling... sometimes colleageaus ! cant live with them or without them..!

Can I shoot atleast one of them ? ! please oh please been sitting here in the heat for 7 hours and almost my shift is over while all the time it could have been nice and cool here... well well Desert training I guess.

There are work horses and luxury horses Rene:tongue: ..........

Peter

(just back form holidays in France were it wasn't so hot as in Holland...)

drP said:
There are work horses and luxury horses Rene:tongue: ..........

Peter

(just back form holidays in France were it wasn't so hot as in Holland...)

Hehehe Hope you had a nice Holiday, I heared Belgium was pretty hot aswell today had someone from Belgium on the line .

phishkabob said:
The midwest is really getting it bad! Where in OK are you from (if you do not mind me asking).
From the Wet Shaving Mecca of the Midwest and the home of COWSBC, Norman! <Breaks into a chorus of Boomer Sooner>:blush:

guenron said:
From the Wet Shaving Mecca of the Midwest and the home of COWSBC, Norman! <Breaks into a chorus of Boomer Sooner>:blush:

Norman...

I somehow remember a high-end Italian sportscar dealership in Norman (Ferrari or Lamborghini) that I drove by while traveling I-35. It might not have been an actual dealership, but I remember a large group of Italian autos. Am I mistaken?

Sam

basically, I just pay attention to 4 temperatures:

hot, cold, nice, and ridiculous :o15: ( which it happens to be currently)

The numbers don't matter as they always fall into those 4 areas. :wink:

Marty

Yesterday didn't hit the expected 102 degrees, but it still got upto over 97 here in the UK, the hottest July day on record apparently. What we need now is at least two feet of snow to make up for this, I hate the hot weather.

phishkabob said:
Norman...

I somehow remember a high-end Italian sportscar dealership in Norman (Ferrari or Lamborghini) that I drove by while traveling I-35. It might not have been an actual dealership, but I remember a large group of Italian autos. Am I mistaken?

Sam
You are right on! During the BIG Oel Boom of the 80's BIG Red Sports cars..
Shorthly after the Big Oil Bust of the late '80s early 90's, Hyundais and Suzukis..
At least they did not go out of business like the Mercedes dealership.

Recently I've read that the month of July (either in The Netherlands or in Belgium) is the hottest month ever since they started measuring and keeping track of temperatures. They started with this in the beginning of the 18th century!

Luckily that at work and in my car there's AC working properly. The problem is that if the difference between the inside and outside temps is too high, it's not healthy either to switch from one situation to the other.

At home I don't have AC therefore I sleep with a big fan next to my bed which is running through the night.

I hope now that the world "leaders" are getting their acts together and realize that there's a serious climate change ongoing and this won't really stop. In contrary, over the next few years, this trend will further continue and will only get worse.

Ashe said:
I hope now that the world "leaders" are getting their acts together and realize that there's a serious climate change ongoing and this won't really stop. In contrary, over the next few years, this trend will further continue and will only get worse.

Hmmmm... I thought climate change was a natural phenomenon, the climate is constantly changing although this can be over thousands of years. Apparnetly there are lion bones under Trafalgar Square in London suggesting that the temperatures in London were once as high as in the Serengeti otherwise lions wouldn't have lived there.

As for greenhouse gasses, a friend of mine that happens to be a reasonably well respected geologist said mankinds contribution to greenhouse gasses is insignificant. mankind produces the same amount of greenhouse gasses in one year that the active volcanos in the world produce in a day. This is a bit like me taking a **** into the English Channel and someone else in Australia saying "I'm not swimming in the sea today, Jonnybc just pissed in the it!"

Let's just say that we do not know a damn thing in this area. Not even what the real temperature trends are. (Because changes in the microclimates surrounding many of the monitoring stations old enough to be useful may have more impact than any other warming trend). Actually, we know this. We are on something of a warming trend, over fairly recent time. Also, we know that the direct impact of increased CO2 in the air is trapped energy. We do not know what indirect effects may counter this direct impact. We do not know what stabilizing forces may come into play with regard to CO2 levels.

To reiterate, we don't know crap.

looks like 100 plus for stlouis and surrounding areas....index of 100 to 105...

it's august...

stlouis and and just west of me had horrible storms a week ago and nearly shut down the city, literally hundreds of thousands of people were out of power for over a week. Ameren brought in crews from all over the US to work 24/7...plus the national guard came in to help with the huge number of downed trees....

this was in Sue's back yard....and last night she had another storm come through....

now let's go to SUE for her latest report....hello Sue....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(that was pretty good huh ?)

mark the shoeshine boy

New York is hovering around 100 mark in the forecast again- Its not getting the press it did last week but Con-eds Power distribution situation is dire, dozens of temp field generators are all thats keeping the network up and energized. :sad:

It has been great in the Phoenix area over the past week, staying in the high-80s to mid-90s. Those low temps at this time of year are unheard of, since it should be near 110. Not only that, but we're getting lots of rain after years of drought. If this is the climate change everyone keep talking about, sign me up! :001_smile

Yes, it has been unseasonably cool in PHX this July. Allthough the afternoons are a bit vicious. Mid 90s with high humidity due to the storms inkling mentions. I imagine this is what summer is like in many other parts of the country. I'm on record bashing the PHX climate from time to time but I'll take 110 and 9% humidity over what we have now any day of the week. There is a nice upside though. Despite the unpleasant afternoons the mornings and evenings have been very pleasant, which is quite unusual for us this time of year. The typical July evening sees us still at 103 at 1am; and we do need the water.
Cheers,
Jeff

Ah, this is about the time of summer when my aunt and uncle in Phoenix call to brag about the temperatures being higher here than there. High was 103 today, but the heat index was closer to 110. Needless to say, it was a Proraso shave day :cool:

Top Bottom