What's new

How Hot??

Update, this is where the PHX boys pull ahead. 104 and holding at 5pm. We will keep triple digits until 9-10pm.
Cheers,
Jeff

guenron said:
Update 107...

Well heck Ron. I was going to chime in with our measely 103 but it looks as if baja Oklahoma has beaten us again. It was so humid here last Friday that one of my fellow worker's glasses fogged up when he walked outside to go to lunch. Come ON October.

Regards, Todd

Wow... I am really going to regret not having gotten around to installing AC in our little NYC tenament, when I finally leave me ACed office.....

I thought it was hot here in London and it was only about 90 degrees. I reckon you can add on another 20 down on the underground trains though. SHould be about 92 today.

I am originally from Kansas and my family still lives there. According to weather.com, it was 108 there (before heat-index, humidity) yesterday! I think Kansas must have some of the worst weather in the country. On 7/11 it was 109 degress, and for fun, I checked the lows during Kansas's winter months. With the wind chill (-5 actual temperature, with 35 mph winds) the temperature was -34 degrees!!! Just comparing actual temperatures (with no humidity and/or windchill), Kansas has an average temperature range of almost 115 degress. In addition to the wide range of temperatures, it is not unusual to have daily tornado watches/warnings and 50 mph wind gusts. I now live on the coast of southeastern Florida where the temperatures range from about 75 to 90. What a change!!!

Sam

Jonnybc said:
I thought it was hot here in London and it was only about 90 degrees. I reckon you can add on another 20 down on the underground trains though. SHould be about 92 today.

There you go, today's Evening Standard's front page:

proxy.php

52 degrees Celsius = 125.6 degrees Fahrenheit
47 degrees Celsius = 116.6 degrees Fahrenheit
(thanks to Google calculator)

We moved our office today. Only 103 degrees.
:biggrin:
No air yet in the new offices. Maybe tomorrow they will have the electricity on at last. It must be 120 at least inside.
Is anyone playing the fiddle for me yet?

Its a whopping 89F here on the SF Bay Area Peninsula...had to have a couple Lost Coast Brewery Great Whites last night to cool off.

boboakalfb said:
Its a whopping 89F here on the SF Bay Area Peninsula...had to have a couple Lost Coast Brewery Great Whites last night to cool off.

The Lost Coast Brewery is in Eureka is it not? Great little town, nice beer too.
Cheers,
Jeff

Today is supposed to reach 102 degrees according to the newspaper I picked up at the airport. 102:eek: I live in England for God's sake, I am not designed for this kind of weather. Roll on winter!

It's like they say, "the first liar doesn't stand a chance." When I left the office at 4:00PM it was 109 in the shade. It was significantly more miserable than yesterday because we had this breeze out of the south pouring in the humidity (Thank you Baja Oklahoma!). I must admit that I do not enjoy this in the least.:nonod:

It was still 98 last night at 1130- we had a hell of a squall come through dumped a couple of inches of rain in an hour, lightning and very high winds and the temp plunged 20 degrees. Its much more humid now and 79 degrees.
Jim

Goosemeplease said:
It was still 98 last night at 1130- we had a hell of a squall come through dumped a couple of inches of rain in an hour, lightning and very high winds and the temp plunged 20 degrees. Its much more humid now and 79 degrees.
Jim

There is nothing more miserable than temperatures like that at night. It feels like there is no escape from the heat! It may get relatively hot/humid here in Southern Florida, but it is always relatively nice at night (ocean breeze).

jmhAZ said:
The Lost Coast Brewery is in Eureka is it not? Great little town, nice beer too.
Cheers,
Jeff

You are correct, it is located in Humboldt County...their Downtown Brown is pretty good as well.

guenron said:
It's like they say, "the first liar doesn't stand a chance." When I left the office at 4:00PM it was 109 in the shade. It was significantly more miserable than yesterday because we had this breeze out of the south pouring in the humidity (Thank you Baja Oklahoma!). I must admit that I do not enjoy this in the least.:nonod:

The midwest is really getting it bad! Where in OK are you from (if you do not mind me asking).

boboakalfb said:
You are correct, it is located in Humboldt County...their Downtown Brown is pretty good as well.

I don't believe I've had the Downtown Brown but I did some work in Eureka a couple of years ago and lived off the whites for the few months I spent there. Charming little town.
Cheers,
Jeff

As I remember Humboldt County is better known for something other than bear.... At least it was in Berkeley. Not that I know anything about that. Er. Well. Anyway, I hear the Lost Coast beer is pretty good....

moses said:
As I remember Humboldt County is better known for something other than bear.... At least it was in Berkeley. Not that I know anything about that. Er. Well. Anyway, I hear the Lost Coast beer is pretty good....

Yes, there was a lot of that too.........so I'm told.

Top Bottom