What's new

How do you explain your ADs to SWMBO?

I just purchased my fifth tote box to store my hardware and software. This is in addition to the various drawers and boxes in the bottom of the closet that are already full. As I brought the tote box into the house I could see an eyebrow raise. It is getting harder to explain. Please... I need some advice..."traditional wet shaving is going to save money" is starting to wear thin...

Just tell her you've gone to the BOSC. :letterk1: :laugh: She MAY understand...:001_unsur

upload_2017-10-9_23-55-14.png

Explain? I have her hooked. We both love great soaps at a reasonable price. That is my only real weakness. However, when I get soaps, whether samples (more common now because it takes so long to get through a full puck of soap), or pucks, I pick up one or two for me and three or four for her. Besides, her legs take more shaving soap than my face. Plus, I consider smooth legs to be a win-win. [emoji4]

Sent via Tapatalk

I abide by the "out of sight, out of mind" approach. I literally have most of my wetshaving gear tucked out of sight! Also, most mailings I say were gifts from wetshaving brethren. You know, the type of people that have more soaps than they know what to do with (not me of course). Anyhow, that one seems to smooth things over pretty ok. But she's definitely on to me... then it'll be trouble, and I'll have to refer back to this thread for advice.

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Bwahaha. No SWMBO. Nobody to answer to except my own conscience. And I sold that for a good cigar.

I'm "super light weight" in terms of my collection comparing to most of you guys here, but she actually welcomes new soaps and aftershaves, especially when she likes their scents.

I’ve given up trying to explain. There really is no point. But I still try and hide the shipping boxes before she comes home and put them in their spot in the den hoping she won’t notice. That’s the best I can do.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I’ve given up trying to explain. There really is no point. But I still try and hide the shipping boxes before she comes home and put them in their spot in the den hoping she won’t notice. That’s the best I can do.

I have everything shipped to my office. Sounds good, right?

My wife shares an office with me. Sounds bad, right? (in terms of this discussion)

So, like you, I unpack things rapidly, and have acquired skills beyond those of mortal men when it comes to getting rid of boxes, packing peanuts, etc.

The razors, etc. are easy enough to hide. Sorta kinda.

Happy shaves,

Jim

My razor acquisitions have slowed down somewhat, which helps. Lending and being loaned razors makes for a small amount of confusion over which are mine. Then there’s the wonderful aspect that a 20.00 dollar razor and a 100.00 or 200.00 razor look pretty much the same! :a17:
So a few go out, a few come in. Total numbers are (sort of) going down.

LOTH is very tolerant! After many years together she recognizes traditional shaving my least expensive hobby ever!

I do save $ compared to most every other hobby! plus I actually use the stuff!

My other main hobby is buying Napa Cabernet, so she's more than happy to have some of my attention diverted to something less expensive.

Like some others mention, my other hobby is wildly more expensive than the occasional razor or bottle of aftershave. I love vintage bikes, and have a hard time saying, "no" when I see one I like. The past couple of years, though, I've been selling more than I've been buying, and my shaving paraphernalia is a much less expensive alternative as far as my playthings go, so my wife doesn't tend to do more than just roll her eyes at me when some random box appears on the front porch.

I just purchased my fifth tote box to store my hardware and software. This is in addition to the various drawers and boxes in the bottom of the closet that are already full. As I brought the tote box into the house I could see an eyebrow raise. It is getting harder to explain. Please... I need some advice..."traditional wet shaving is going to save money" is starting to wear thin...

If you need five tote boxes it may be time to sell, share, PIF some things and take up a new hobby. Something cheap like sports cars, vintage fly rods, or horse racing.

Top Bottom