What's new

How do you apply your AS?

Often times a pump or two of moisturiser into the hand, then pour a little AS on and rub together before applying - covers two stages in one and/or creates your own balm on the fly!
This. I put a dime sized blob of Nivea Men Cooling after shave balm in my left hand and add a couple of drops of whatever liquid aftershave splash I want the scent of (sometimes actual cologne), blend together and apply to my face with both hands. If and when I do choose to apply separately, it's the thinnest product first, then the balm. Haven't done it that way for ages though.

Pour AS on short length of 2x4 and slap myself with it. That sounds too painful so I'll stick with what I do now: put my left hand over the top of the AS bottle, invert bottle, upright bottle. This gives me just a bit of AS, then I rub my hands together and rub onto face. This is especially what I do with stronger fragranced aftershaves as I don't want to be "that guy".

For the past two months I've actually been skipping the AS step altogether, but in the past two shaves I've gone back for some AS goodness.

If I'm applying immediately after a shave, it's a cold water rinse, then some witch hazel, then the AS. (Drying between applications). For daily wear it's two or three shakes in one hand, rub both hands together, and apply liberally. If it's a weak or fleeting scent on me I apply a second round.

Top Bottom