What's new

How do I keep my mirror from fogging when I shower?

I just step outside for 10 minutes then go back in for the shave. All the fog will be gone by then. Remember to leave the door open before you leave.

Believe it or not it's simple. Just rub some regular bar soap on the mirror and wipe it off. No more fog. Try it I promise it will change your life.

Do they really make bathrooms that have windows? Doesn't sound very private o_O

I tried my fan but that doesn't do much.

My two bathrooms have shoulder height, Frosted Windows. I still installed an exhaust fan because I need a clear mirror to shave.

I will go along with the people who have told you to check the fan and venting. If you live in a climate that gets cold for a significant portion of the year, the failure to adequately vent into the outdoors as opposed to the attic could have significant financial consequences. How, you might ask. Steam vented into the attic condenses and freezes to form a frost shelf in the attic that will eventually thaw, and you'll have lots of water sitting on the ceiling of the bath and/or pouring out of the fan/light fixture. You'll actually hope it comes in through the fixture, because if it doesn't the ceiling might fall in on you.

Any source of heat - the fog is just moisture condensed on the surface because the mirror is cooler than the hot wet air in the bathroom.

A hair dryer, heat gun, candle, cigarette lighter, kitchen torch, MAP torch, etc.

any and all would work like a charm.

I heard there is a song you can sing for that.

Never had that problem, but I think there are things used on eyeglasses that prevent fogging. Should work on a bathroom mirror.

You can get purposes made heater pads that attach to the back of the mirror. If you're so inclined it can be hooked up to turn in with the lights to save power, though they have pretty low draw to begin with.

Top Bottom