What's new

How are you liking your Saddleback slim wallet?

I've been reading the threads about wallets and have seen a lot of guys talking up the Saddleback slim or small wallet.

I'm thinking of getting one and just wanted to see what you guys who have ordered them think of of it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I bought one as a birthday present for my father ... so I've seen it but it's not yet been used ... still in the plastic baggie.

As with all Saddleback, it's strongly constructed sturdy leather heavy on the 'rugged durability' and not much on 'refined elegance' ... of course, no one wants 'refined elegance from Saddleback; that's what Swayne Adney Briggs is for. :wink2:

Right now the wallet is pretty stiff ... doubtless it's got years of softening up anhead of it so that's not a worry.

My main concern would be that the leather is so thick ... fine for a briefcase or suitcase, backpack, whatever, but it makes the wallet significantly less "thin" than one might expect and significantly less "thin" than other wallets that use wimpy leather. Of course, there are plenty of places to buy wallets like that, but only one Saddleback ... so you may read this and think "bingo!! that's the one I want!" but you should know what you are getting into. :wink2:

My main concern would be that the leather is so thick ... fine for a briefcase or suitcase, backpack, whatever, but it makes the wallet significantly less "thin" than one might expect and significantly less "thin" than other wallets that use wimpy leather. Of course, there are plenty of places to buy wallets like that, but only one Saddleback ... so you may read this and think "bingo!! that's the one I want!" but you should know what you are getting into. :wink2:

As a point of reference, my Saddleback is less than 1/2" in thickness when fully loaded with credit cards/cash.

That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for guys- thanks. I was especially interested in how thin it is with stuff inside.

It may be a tad bit thick for what I'm looking for. I have a neat plastic Jimi sport-style wallet that is a bit over half an inch thick, more like 9/16 of an inch. I've actually been using the card holder/money clip thingie from inside it with a about two credit cards and my ID and a couple of bills clipped in place. I drop that in my front jeans pocket and I'm okay.

I just don't like anything too thick in my front pocket.

Probably just need to source a decent leather business card holder.

"It may be a tad bit thick for what I'm looking for. I have a neat plastic Jimi sport-style wallet that is a bit over half an inch thick, more like 9/16 of an inch. I've actually been using the card holder/money clip thingie from inside it with a about two credit cards and my ID and a couple of bills clipped in place. I drop that in my front jeans pocket and I'm okay."

I was carrying a Jimi wallet too and recently switched to the Front Pocket wallet by Colonel Littleton. I don't find it to be too thick at all and it is easier getting at your cash and credit cards than the Jimi was. Check it out.

http://www.colonellittleton.com/?p=products&cat=5

I'm using the Saddleback Credit Card Wallet as my every day wallet and it's proved to be wonderful. It's just the right size for my essential cards (~10 I think) and if you need cash you can fold it in half and bridge the two sides (5 bills or so would be the limit I think).

I really like it. I keep the amount of "stuff" that isn't necessary out of my wallet. I also am able to put it in my front pocket so it is more comfortable especially while driving.

For those of you who have these wallets, can you compare them to a standard sort of tri-fold wallet?

I used to carry an ultra-slim credit card case that is almost like a business card holder, but it couldn't carry cash which proved to be a pain sometimes. Lately I've just been using a tri-fold and dealing with the pocket bulge, but it's starting to annoy me.

For those of you who have these wallets, can you compare them to a standard sort of tri-fold wallet?

I used to carry an ultra-slim credit card case that is almost like a business card holder, but it couldn't carry cash which proved to be a pain sometimes. Lately I've just been using a tri-fold and dealing with the pocket bulge, but it's starting to annoy me.

Can't comment about a tri-fold, but I had a bi-fold that seemed to get thicker every time I met someone with a business card. It was almost ridiculous! I have a Saddleback leather briefcase and decided to give their small wallet a try. Unless you hold a large amount of cash it should do the trick nicely. Good luck.

It is really close in size to my last b-card holder. I have never been able to use a tri-fold as they are too thick.

It is about half the thickness of a altoids tin.

Just broke down and ordered one from Saddleback yesterday. So far, just as expected, Saddleback has been excellent in their communications. They really have a knack for customer service.

I seriously considered the Col. Littleton front pocket wallet, but thought the Saddleback was a better choice for me as I don't pack much cash around. The Col. Littleton seems more geared towards that. (But very handsome, too.):thumbup1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom