What's new

How about those fresh, clean scents...

I thought the aquatic/mariner/oceanic thread was worthwhile so I figured I'd give this one a shot. I'm gravitating (slowly) away from the overly perfume-like, uber-strong, long lasting, punch-you-in-the-nose scents. Looking for everyone's thoughts on those simple, clean, fresh, not too overly-complex scents that are subtle and relaxing, and dissipate not too long after the shave. I know there might be some overlap with the aquatic/mariner scents (I think) but it should be an interesting one. A light citrus scent wouldn't be too bad I guess, but nothing too powerful either. I'll start it off with the following picks:

MWF
Haslinger Schafmilch
La Toja
L'Occitane Cade

Thanks,

I love Tom Ford gray vetiver... Which can be found in Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver.

Unobtrusive, not arrogant , classy.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Every now and then I crave a good Aquatic clean scent although they are usually not my cup of tea. Here are a few that are nice options:

Tiki Davey Jones Locker
Ballenclaugh Old Barber menthe
Reef Point Submariner
C&E Nomad
Country Club For men Dark Forest
lather Bros Take Out Night
Soap Smooth War Blend- (mentholated and my favorite aquatic cologne scent)
Big Easy Soaps-Roof OF The World- the most complex scent on this list, but is clean and fresh
PAA Gondolier, Al Fin
SV Felce Aromatica

I have the entire Haslinger line-up and would list them all as ‘fresh, clean scents.’

I now have the seaweed inbound since your comment in the prior thread. Thanks! Also have the Aloe, but haven't cracked that one yet. Schafmilch is awesome.

I just picked up Stirling Tuscany, and it has a great clean scent. M&M Green Man us also very clean, with a bit of an Irish Spring vibe to it. Both will be awesome on hot summer days for me.

Arko a/s is a nice fresh clean light scent. I have the "cool" scent.

Parker_Arko.JPG

Never have I been so pleasantly surprised by a fresh/clean scented excellent performer than by this gem:

Taylor-of-Old-Bond-Street-St-James-shaving-stick.jpg

I take pride in analyzing scents and aromas with the most precision possible. I roll my eyes when people say something smells clean or fresh. But this stick is so subtle and complex to me, words cannot describe its elegance and subtlety so I will just say it smells subtle, clean, and expensive, all at once! I hate most colognes because they mostly smell synthetic to me, this smells like an expensive although quiet elegant fragrance designed by the most tasteful of artisans.

How about Long Rifle Hunting Lodge? It's much more then the sum of it's parts (tobacco, bay, and leather). I know those don't sound fresh, but it really comes off as such to me.

Also love Wickham's Club Cola and Soap Commander Vision. Both light and fresh scents.

I just picked up Stirling Tuscany, and it has a great clean scent. M&M Green Man us also very clean, with a bit of an Irish Spring vibe to it. Both will be awesome on hot summer days for me.

I vaguely remember liking Tuscany. Actually, that reminds me of a few other Stirling's that might make the cut, like Piacenza and Sandpiper. Not necessarily simple fragrances, but not overly strong perfume vibes. More subtle.

How about Long Rifle Hunting Lodge? It's much more then the sum of it's parts (tobacco, bay, and leather). I know those don't sound fresh, but it really comes off as such to me.

Also love Wickham's Club Cola and Soap Commander Vision. Both light and fresh scents.

Hmmm. I'll have to take your word for it sir! That is an interesting spin.. haha. You never know! When I started the thread, I had La Toja, Irish Spring, MWF, Haslinger kind of scents in mind.

I'm going to add Zingari Man....The Mariner. I have the balm, but not the soap. Great scent! Also, Wholly Kaw, La Fougere Parfait. Again, maybe not simple in its structure, but it smells that way to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom