What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I had some more of the Matouk's Calypso today with a Ribeye steak. It was perfect with it.
I have always liked the flavour of a scotch bonnet hot sauce and this one is no exception.

Thanks Aaron for another great sauce, you know how to pick them.:thumbup:

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Tried the Calypso sauce on pot roast tonight. Like has been said, just about the right amount of heat, and a hint of sweet. A lot of different flavors in it. It is complex and interesting. That is all I can say for now.

I had some more of the Matouk's Calypso today with a Ribeye steak. It was perfect with it.
I have always liked the flavour of a scotch bonnet hot sauce and this one is no exception.

Thanks Aaron for another great sauce, you know how to pick them.:thumbup:

Dang right it's a good pick. Nothing is too good for Pepper Heads Clubsters. Are your lips hot yet?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I made a Hot sauce order for the Brothers birthday. I'll be curious about the "Scorned Women" HS. It has to go down hard and must be bitter...:laugh:

Bacon Hot Sauce
CaJohn's El Chupacabra Hot Sauce
El Yucateco Chipotle Hot Sauce
Lottie's Traditional Barbados Yellow Hot Pepper Sauce - Lottie's Traditional Barbados Hot Sauce (Yellow)
Marie Sharp's Mild Habanero Pepper Sauce
Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce
Obama's Last Day Hot Sauce
Ring of Fire Original Habanero Hot Sauce
Scorned Woman Hot Sauce
#10 I can't list

Well my brother got his gift of hot sauces. They were shipped so fast that they left 4 bottles out the order. I'm so mad. No indication on the receipt as to if they were back-ordered. I sent them an e-mail. Aruggghh!!!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That's poor form. I'm sure it will get fixed but this is this not the second time from the same company?

Have two shots of FD fury, that should numb the pain. :001_smile

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That's poor form. I'm sure it will get fixed but this is this not the second time from the same company?

My last order from them had one bottle on back order and was marked on the receipt. They shipped the back ordered bottle to me once they received it. But this is just someone who was packing the box and texting to their boyfriend at the same time.

The Pepper Palace here in TN carries some of the best flavor in hot sauces. You will just about find anything that will trip you trigger. I bought some sauce called Flashbang. It starts will a slight sweet and smoky flavor which then you only have about 5 secs and then the heat overwhelms at about 7 million S.H.U. One or two drops on a BBQ sandwich brings the punch. But you must be careful, the last time I dared someone to try it they put their tongue under some running water for about 5 min. LOL. but I love the heat.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

I received an email back from the hot sauce company. They informed me that their were two separate boxes. The 2nd box was behind the 1st in arrival time. Does that seem cost effective to split the order?

Anyway, the brother opened all 6 bottles he received for a taste test...ha, ha,.... he's a Pepper head for sure. He said El Chupacabra burned.:bayrum2:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
good news Aaron but it does seem odd to me. Maybe the other sauces were intimidated by the El Chup' and had to be shipped seperate.

I have some El Chupacabra loaded in my sammies for work today. Now I'm awake.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ha, ha....we are all intimidated by the EL Chupa.

I finished off a YeeHaw and the Lotties is on fumes. The New Zealand green is going fast.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Ha, ha....we are all intimidated by the EL Chupa.

I finished off a YeeHaw and the Lotties is on fumes. The New Zealand green is going fast.

I finished dealy passion last night. I may need to do a head count as the amount of HS has reduce over the past month.

The wife has been enjoying her feijoa hot sauce I made for her.
We had a roast leg of lamb the other day, I asked her if she wanted gravy with it. She replied no, she wanted her hot sauce as it has been a while since she has had any................. I have created a monster

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I finished dealy passion last night. I may need to do a head count as the amount of HS has reduce over the past month.

The wife has been enjoying her feijoa hot sauce I made for her.
We had a roast leg of lamb the other day, I asked her if she wanted gravy with it. She replied no, she wanted her hot sauce as it has been a while since she has had any................. I have created a monster

....We have created a monster. Plus, I got one here that's very close to becoming one too.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Yes you're right......... WE have alot to answer for LOL.

Aaron let us know what your brothers top three HS are after he tries all 10.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yes you're right......... WE have alot to answer for LOL.

Aaron let us know what your brothers top three HS are after he tries all 10.

The package was delivered according to tracking. I told him a review is in order.

Calypso tonight on stuffed salmon. I pretty good marriage.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The Lottie's mustard based hot sauce saw the finally end at lunch today. This sauce has risen to the top of the heap. It's just a wonderful full flavored sauce that is great on so many foods.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I agree Aaron Lottie's mustard based hot sauce cuts the mustard. So are you going to crack open another sauce or are you still trying to reduce the rotation?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well, I'm down to 10 opened, not counting sriracha or Tabasco. The fury sauce is the nemesis like El Chupacabra. The passion fruit skull is down by half. I think I'll wait on anything new for now. I'm really wanting to try the Ring of Fire. It's all fun.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The Lottie's mustard based hot sauce saw the finally end at lunch today. This sauce has risen to the top of the heap. It's just a wonderful full flavored sauce that is great on so many foods.

I like Lottie's a lot, but I taste mustard in the Calypso, which I prefer.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Fury is a fighter for sure. I will only use in cooking I think or to add some heat to a bowl of Chili.
I enjoyed the passion fruit skull sauce but won't be getting it again.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I like Lottie's a lot, but I taste mustard in the Calypso, which I prefer.

I taste a little mustard in the calypso too. It's a very fine sauce. Certainly something I couldn't reproduce.

Fury is a fighter for sure. I will only use in cooking I think or to add some heat to a bowl of Chili.
I enjoyed the passion fruit skull sauce but won't be getting it again.

The skull is a great sauce. Hot, sweet and a cool bottle.

Top Bottom