What's new

Hooked

This morning was my first DE Shave. I have been wet shaving with a Mach 3 for a couple years, but I could never shave more than twice a week because it was so painful due to irritation and in grown hairs.

My Merkur classic "1904" arrived yesterday, and this morning was the first run. BBS on the chin, closer than normal on the cheeks, and no irritation on the neck (my problem area). I used 2 with the grain passes. Didn't work to hard on the neck, I want to let it settle down from the abuse it has taken for my whole life before I start trying to make it very smooth.

Steps: Shower, Zihr Shave Oil (highly reccomend), Hot Towel, Lather (Prorasso), Hot Towel, Lather (Prorasso), pass, lather (Prorasso), Pass, Hot water, Cold Water, Anthony Balm.

NO IRRITATION!!!

The shave I have been looking for my whole life...I feel like I still have skin on my face. And only one nick.

So excited I thought I would post it...:biggrin:

That's great! Like you, I like the Merkur 1904. Sounds like you've paid attention and used good technique. If you haven't already ordered it, the blade sampler packet is a good idea, so you can find the brand of blade that works best for you.

Soon you can try a with-the-grain pass followed by an across-the-grain pass. When you're ready to try against-the-grain (after reducing the stubble with the two previous passes), try it just on your cheeks at first, before trying the neck.

Now that you've started, you can expect the daily practice to produce rapid improvements in your technique.

Welcome.

This morning was my first DE Shave. I have been wet shaving with a Mach 3 for a couple years, but I could never shave more than twice a week because it was so painful due to irritation and in grown hairs.

My Merkur classic "1904" arrived yesterday, and this morning was the first run. BBS on the chin, closer than normal on the cheeks, and no irritation on the neck (my problem area). I used 2 with the grain passes. Didn't work to hard on the neck, I want to let it settle down from the abuse it has taken for my whole life before I start trying to make it very smooth.

Steps: Shower, Zihr Shave Oil (highly reccomend), Hot Towel, Lather (Prorasso), Hot Towel, Lather (Prorasso), pass, lather (Prorasso), Pass, Hot water, Cold Water, Anthony Balm.

NO IRRITATION!!!

The shave I have been looking for my whole life...I feel like I still have skin on my face. And only one nick.

So excited I thought I would post it...:biggrin:

Welcome to B&B. Great to have someone from my area. I too like the 1904, very nice razor. As Michael has already suggested, the Sampler Pack is very wothwhile. Keep us updated!!:taz:

It puts a smile on my face whenever I read about someone new discovering just how good a DE/Wet shave is. BP, I bet at some point in time after that great shave, you actually said WOW, either to yourself or out loud, or some slang variation of WOW!

Just ordered the sampler.

I walked around with a smile on my face all day...and I think I said wow a few times.:biggrin:

Whoda thunk that a great shave would set the tone for the day but it happens for me time and time again! Congratulations on seeing the light! Now, how about a new brush?:wink:

Congrats, Bryan!

I'm impressed that you showed so much restraint waiting to shave the morning after your razor arrived! That... I could not do! :wink:

Stick with your strategy, General! :thumbup:

Tchau,
chop-chop

Definately, I think people in my class think I have a cumpulsion for feeling my face...lol.

Actually I have a nice brush. My fiance bought be a mach three and badger brush set a couple years ago for christmas (at my request) from caswell massey. Cherry handle...its a shame the razor won't be seeing much action after this:frown: its so perdy.

Top Bottom