What's new

Honing Framebacks

This may be the wrong area to ask but i will anyway. Is their someone that is a go to Frameback honer on B&B? I have two Framebacks I want to get honed soon and would like them to be as smooth/sharp as possible.

Last edited:
Thank you very much sir i will PM him shortly, just dont have the cash to buy stones and learn it especially on a frameback

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
All you need for now is a strop. I have a razor that Bayamontate honed for me at least 6 months ago and it's still shaving great.

Alrighty i have just read that Framebacks are somewhat of a pain or a learning curve and wanted to make sure it was done well right off the bat. At this point in time i picked up a few solid Framebacks and would like to use them for special occasions but who know maybe i will convert from DE.

I could imagine getting an interchangeable frameback and having frame wear but different levels of height and profile on blades could be a real pain in the ***.

This Greaves frameback gave me absolute fits, I tested several different brands and thicknesses of tape until Super 33 worked. The only reason it didn't end up in the Arthur Kill is that it's a Greaves.

$image.jpg

Meanwhile your dahlgren is the easiest razor I know of to hone. I still haven't sorted out my elliott like you have. Been meaning to

Top Bottom