What's new

Home Made Strop

J

Jeremysilverado

Any cloth on a stop is for whipping shaving soap or cream off of the blade during shaving or to warm up the blade prior to stropping. You will have an easier time stropping the blade over non painted cardboard like from a fed ex box on the inside. Bob Kramer taught me this and I stick by it. no reason to waste your money

Legion

Staff member
It depends on what you want to do about fittings and such. Personally my preference is a barbers end (no handle) and I make mine 2.5" and 20" long, but that is a personal thing.

Denim will work fine for a cloth component, if you think you need one.

Any cloth on a stop is for whipping shaving soap or cream off of the blade during shaving or to warm up the blade prior to stropping. ...

:blink:
The guy who uses my strop for cleaning whiskers and lather off a blade had better start running!

I'm sorry, i usually try not to be argumentative, but I respectfully disagree with this statement.
The linen component on my strop is fundamental to the honing and maintenance process and serves as much more than a wipe. This doesn't even begin to cover the idea of using one to carry pastes.

Top Bottom