What's new

Ho, Ho, Ho: Christmas Soaps!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
B&M Vespers. Ahh, now THIS is Christmas. The balsam is great, cranberry is there and I hunt for the Mousse de Saxe, a faint leathery scent of note. I may get the B&M Lavanille one day, for more Mousse de Saxe.

AA
The B&M Vespers sounds like it smells terrific, but it doesn't make me think of Vespers. Perhaps I spend too much time around monasteries but when I think of Vespers the scents it evokes are beeswax candles and incense. There's nothing like the smell of a pure beeswax candle as it burns. No drip- the wax is completely consumed by the flame.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The B&M Vespers sounds like it smells terrific, but it doesn't make me think of Vespers. Perhaps I spend too much time around monasteries but when I think of Vespers the scents it evokes are beeswax candles and incense. There's nothing like the smell of a pure beeswax candle as it burns. No drip- the wax is completely consumed by the flame.

Cue up the "Engima" CD!

The names and ad copy is really something with a lot of these soaps; I admit it makes me buy them! :lol:

I did wind up buying B&M Lavanille just for the mousse de saxe - I hate vanilla - and am totally pleased with it. I'm trying to study scent notes.

Also their Beaudelaire EdT - fougere and mousse de saxe - very interesting stuff.

AA

This week I've used Vespers and Christmas Eve (Stirling, not sure if anyone else has used that as a name). Love love Vespers. I agree with Owen, above, that it doesn't smell like a service or candles but it sure smells great to me. Christmas Eve -- I am probably in a minority here -- didn't thrill. The notes are right but, as a whole, I found it somewhat thin and altogether not that rich a scent. Maybe I just had a bad shave with it but I wasn't left wanting to try again (I had one of Stirling's nice large sample pucks). Waiting right now on Merry from T&S and the new Christmas Coquito from A&E. I'm sure one of those will put a seasonal smile on my face.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Dr. Jon's Krampus just arrived; can't wait to break it out tomorrow.

An evil Christmas soap is just what this year calls for, IMO.

proxy.php

From the site:

Gruß vom Krampus!

The holidays have gotten a little more interesting this year...Krampus has come to town bringing gifts of cider, berries, honey, myrrh, anise and fear! Krampus only comes once a year so don't miss your chance to enjoying this frighteningly wonderful holiday offering. Now make sure the children are sleeping safely and enjoy your shave.

AA

Dr. Jon's Krampus just arrived; can't wait to break it out tomorrow.

An evil Christmas soap is just what this year calls for, IMO.

proxy.php

From the site:

Gruß vom Krampus!

The holidays have gotten a little more interesting this year...Krampus has come to town bringing gifts of cider, berries, honey, myrrh, anise and fear! Krampus only comes once a year so don't miss your chance to enjoying this frighteningly wonderful holiday offering. Now make sure the children are sleeping safely and enjoy your shave.

AA

This is a nice one! I have it with the matching aftershave. Very enjoyable.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My holiday choices include:

B&M First Snow. I love this stuff and will mourn when I use it all. Simply delightful scent evocative of being outside in a snowy pine forest wearing a new leather jacket. If Will ever makes a run of it again or a fragrance I would buy immediately.

Stirling coniferous. The less sappy option versus shoving your face into a pine tree.

Stirling Christmas Eve.

B&M Eventide. Got it in a trade and have only used it once or twice. While I like it, I find it to be a strong scent and takes some getting used to. I could still smell the soap on my brush for several shaves with other products...

I'm expecting a sample of Vespers in my stocking...
My kind friend @Lightcs1776 sent me some "Christmas Eve" from Stirling that reminds me of my grandmas Christmas ham for some reason. It's an easily 6 month cool weather soap for me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What is Stirling's best evergreen smelling soap, and do they have an AS that matches?

Really digging Stirling Christmas Eve. Since I'd like to try some more Christmas scents, but it will have to wait until next year! Going to make a tradition out of it. Perhaps peppermint next time.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Krampus is wild! You can get a good idea from sniffing the container, but a soap's scent should be judged with water, air, and a proper lather mix ... it mutes the container's sharp notes a bit.

I get the honey, berries and anise; the fear comes from that d@mn devil artwork on the can, watching me every time I go in there. :lol:

"I swear, Krampus, I've been bad! All right?" :ohmy:

AA

Top Bottom