What's new

Hi everyone...

My name is Daniel; call me Danny.
I'm 29 years old and I've been wet shaving for the best part of 7 years. I'm not your traditional modern day wet shavers (i.e. dozens of razors, soaps, bowls, creams, badger brushes, cologne..) - I wet shave because I find it better than cartridge and foam. I am based in England and have been trying to recreate the shave experience my grandad might have had a few decades ago. My friends call me Old Fogey, my detractor might say I am a luddite. Either way, I like vintage.

I have stumbled upon B&B many times during my internet searches for products (mainly vintage), advice etc. I have decided it is worth being part of the community.

Thank you,
Danny

My name is Daniel; call me Danny.
I'm 29 years old and I've been wet shaving for the best part of 7 years. I'm not your traditional modern day wet shavers (i.e. dozens of razors, soaps, bowls, creams, badger brushes, cologne..) - I wet shave because I find it better than cartridge and foam. I am based in England and have been trying to recreate the shave experience my grandad might have had a few decades ago. My friends call me Old Fogey, my detractor might say I am a luddite. Either way, I like vintage.

I have stumbled upon B&B many times during my internet searches for products (mainly vintage), advice etc. I have decided it is worth being part of the community.

Thank you,
Danny
Welcome to Badger & Blade Danny. I hope you enjoy yourself here and can broaden your knowledge and skill in the Gentlemanly Art of traditional wet shaving.

Welcome, Danny. I'm new here, myself. I've been teased as an Old Fogey since I was a kid.... I've always found that there is so much of value in traditional things. Not because I was trying to be "too cool" for new things, but because I just love the old for what they are.

Thank you all!

EMG06 - 50s and early 60s England. I have a gillette rocket Made in England and some unbranded boar brushes. I use Arko soap , but I've smelled Erasmic and that just brought me back, so I'm going to get some of that in a bowl. Next step would be trying to source a Made In England Ever-ready brush.

EDIT: And of course Old Spice!

Erasmic? Had not heard of it. I wish it were named after Erasmus of Rotterdam, but I doubt that....

Used to be quite common in England back in the day, it was also made here. It was mainly used as a shaving stick, which is tallow based and now strangely useless (I'm sure the recipe has been changed). The one in the bowl is much better.

Cheap as chips too Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl 90g - https://www.chemist.co.uk/erasmic-shaving-soap-bowl-90g.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw-5v7BRAmEiwAJ3DpuLxx_aH_nBIhAUN9xu7D1Aan5fsbZCwJt5YiicG-2yUacRSvPsw55RoCFEsQAvD_BwE

Thank you all!

EMG06 - 50s and early 60s England. I have a gillette rocket Made in England and some unbranded boar brushes. I use Arko soap , but I've smelled Erasmic and that just brought me back, so I'm going to get some of that in a bowl. Next step would be trying to source a Made In England Ever-ready brush.

EDIT: And of course Old Spice!
What a great time period to try to replicate. If you like Gillette razors you will have some real classics to choose between. I’m sure the members may have tips to help you try and find the Ever-Ready brush you’re searching for as well.

Welcome to B&B.
I wet shave because I find it better than cartridge and foam. I am based in England and have been trying to recreate the shave experience my grandad might have had a few decades ago.
Cartridge and foam are also wet shaving but not the same quality as a DE three pass shave which is more effective but takes more time.
I am not sure your grandad would have done a three pass shave as in those days a one pass daily shave was popular; maybe for some a two pass shave.

Top Bottom