• A Blue Black with a hint of Aqua or Red

• Fire Engine Red

• A Green similar to MB British Racing Green

• A muted Blue similar to the blue stripes in the B&B logo

• Art is King

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff Brian- thanks for doing the legwork on this. I will take a couple of bottles no matter how the colour decision comes out. I will vote for the B+B Blue but I also like Channing's suggestion of a velvety black. MB's Racing Green is a wonderful colour and I stocked up on it when I heard that it was going out of production.
I hope that we can get this up and running!

To you guys who don't want a bulletproof ink, what don't you like about them? I'm not trying to start anything or say my opinion is better, I'm just curious. Everyone's preferences are different and I don't know much about inks so I'm just trying to learn as much as possible.

To you guys who don't want a bulletproof ink, what don't you like about them? I'm not trying to start anything or say my opinion is better, I'm just curious. Everyone's preferences are different and I don't know much about inks so I'm just trying to learn as much as possible.

In my case, I prefer non-bullet proof because I get too darn much ink on my hands, on my clothes, and on other items to ever want any to to be hard to get out, much less impossible to get out! I am generally not writing check or anything that requires that something be absolutely indelible. For that matter, what do I care if someone steals and alters a check. It is the bank at risk, not me. I suppose if I were addressing envelopes, bullet proof would be good as well. It is not that I own no bullet proof inks, by the way!

I think other folks may feel that bullet proof inks are more likely to clog fountain pens. That is not something I personally have worried about in the slightest. But is it something one hear's from time to time about Noodler's in particular. I personally really like Noodler's inks. This will be fun no matter which color/type is chosen!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Perhaps something that is Eternal. The Eternals arent quite bulletproof, but are waterproof. I have a bottle of Old Manhattan from FPN that is Eternal. I put it in all my pens without ill effect.

In my case, I prefer non-bullet proof because I get too darn much ink on my hands, on my clothes, and on other items to ever want any to to be hard to get out, much less impossible to get out! I am generally not writing check or anything that requires that something be absolutely indelible. For that matter, what do I care if someone steals and alters a check. It is the bank at risk, not me. I suppose if I were addressing envelopes, bullet proof would be good as well. It is not that I own no bullet proof inks, by the way!

I think other folks may feel that bullet proof inks are more likely to clog fountain pens. That is not something I personally have worried about in the slightest. But is it something one hear's from time to time about Noodler's in particular. I personally really like Noodler's inks. This will be fun no matter which color/type is chosen!

I see! I know Noodler's inks seem "sludgier" than other inks I've tried.

If we get this group buy going, I think a blue-black with some very slight tint (I'd be more for a reddish tint than an aqua one) would probably look pretty darn cool.

I get ink everywhere. On me, on the table, on my coworker (he didn't notice after reading a notebook of mine!). Everywhere.

I've been taking notes and have imprinted a couple of lines into my arm so well, I could study my arm in the mirror.

I get ink everywhere. On me, on the table, on my coworker (he didn't notice after reading a notebook of mine!). Everywhere.

I've been taking notes and have imprinted a couple of lines into my arm so well, I could study my arm in the mirror.

That should get some kind of award :thumbup:

I would be interested in jumping in on a group buy. I have loads of blues and blue-black inks but would love the BRG option.

I would also prefer not having an eternal or bullet-proof ink but will get a bottle regardless.

Thanks for organizing this!

Lookey Lookey. This ink seems to fit the bill colorwise to what has been discussed...

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/f...first-experience-with-noodlers-bernanke-blue/

but the water test is a fail for me.

I write in journals in environments ranging from a comfortable cherry desk, to a kayak, a sailboat, and a campsite along a hiking trail. Noodlers bulletproof have always behaved and performed the best for me.

Really, really nice "shading" but a tad light for my tastes/needs.

I do not care about the water test. Actually prefer a big fail there!

The Tsuki-Yo, an ink I know well and aboslutley adore, seems very dark in that OPs photo in that link. I wonder id that means this NI blue looks even lighter in person. I am sure I have seen this ink in person, but I have no particular memory of it. NI does do a good job with blues is my impression!

Thanks for the post though!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I would need a blue blue, not a black blue, for work. I only use blue for organizational reasons.

Oh how I envy you. My backwards hospital wont allow blue ink, for no good reason at all. 75% of the physicians I work with use blue, but the Nurses arent allowed too. When asked, the manager actually said "because I said so" No policy was found, and threats of writeups if blue ink continued to be used by the nursing staff.

yes... of course I will buy a bottle - of whatever the final choice is. My preference is for the blue-black, but.... *shrug*

(Still enabling, eh...?)

I would be interested, especially a blue. The green would be a last choice. I would prefer -proof of some kind, even if not bulletproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom