• A Blue Black with a hint of Aqua or Red

• Fire Engine Red

• A Green similar to MB British Racing Green

• A muted Blue similar to the blue stripes in the B&B logo

• Art is King

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of a black with a red or aqua tint. I'm just having a problem picturing it.

By the way, on the topic of black v. blue in professional settings, I had a discussion once with my "superior" and was told that black was professional. Then a co-worker (very intelligent and experienced person) that one of the points of using non-black inks was to instantly tell between copies and originals. When I brought that up, the problem with blue ink went away. I've even used Visconti turquoise on official documents!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I like the idea of a black with a red or aqua tint. I'm just having a problem picturing it.

By the way, on the topic of black v. blue in professional settings, I had a discussion once with my "superior" and was told that black was professional. Then a co-worker (very intelligent and experienced person) that one of the points of using non-black inks was to instantly tell between copies and originals. When I brought that up, the problem with blue ink went away. I've even used Visconti turquoise on official documents!

This thread inspired me to use my MB BRG this weekend!!!

Yeah the whole blue vs black in my setting of the hospital is ridiculous. Now back in the day, scanners/copiers could never pick up blue or any color inks properly other than black. This is why black was used. In recent times however, the copy/scanning technology has become so advanced that people use blue to differentiate between the original and the copy. As I had said before, 75% of the doctors use blue, and there are a few ER docs that use purple just for this reason. The fact that the nurses are told to use black "because we said so" with no proof of reasoning is bogus. Just another reason im pretty dissatisfied at the current hospital im at.

I did get to squeek in 2 weeks of Bay State Blue though before the hammer fell :p

I would prefer bulletproof, and since I don't have any green, I'm voting for that, with a second choice being blue black. :thumbup:

Great Idea Brian!! Thanks for doing this!!:thumbup:

Although Bulletproof B&B Blue does sound like a cool color, I'd prefer non-bulletproof

I have this issue with getting ink EVERYWHERE ON MY HANDS! Just ask Brian...

At the least meet up we alternated calling him Inky and Inkspot. :lol:

Perhaps something that is Eternal. The Eternals arent quite bulletproof, but are waterproof. I have a bottle of Old Manhattan from FPN that is Eternal. I put it in all my pens without ill effect.

I love that color and use it quite often. Have you tried FPN's Ellis Island Blue? It is a very deep blue, almost black.

I get ink everywhere. On me, on the table, on my coworker (he didn't notice after reading a notebook of mine!). Everywhere.

I've been taking notes and have imprinted a couple of lines into my arm so well, I could study my arm in the mirror.

Inky! :lol: But I won't ask who were Binky and Clyde!

Oh how I envy you. My backwards hospital wont allow blue ink, for no good reason at all. 75% of the physicians I work with use blue, but the Nurses arent allowed too. When asked, the manager actually said "because I said so" No policy was found, and threats of writeups if blue ink continued to be used by the nursing staff.

Ellis Island Blue might do the trick... What about Noodler's Nightshade or one of their deep purple blacks?

Is this what the British Racing Green would look like?

proxy.php

I deny all responsibility. Howver, I think we should call the winning color if it is a dark color "5 O'Clock Shadow" and if it is a red, "Feather's Revenge" :lol:

You're doing all the work. Don't be so humble. :lol:

I really like "5 O'Clock Shadow" as a name! How about an interesting dark grey? Maybe tinted? I have used MB Oyster Grey and Noodler's Lexington Grey. The Oyster's great. Grey is an interesting ink color if you haven't tried it.

I am in for at least one bottle. I would like a darker color weather it is blue or black I don't care.

I have been wanting to get started with a pen like these and maybe this will be the push I needed. Can someone shoot me a pm to get me going in the right direction without spending an arm and a leg?

Bulletproof ink will not help my plight here :laugh: I'll still buy a bottle no matter what!

I think you should make a video on how to fill FP's! :lol:

By the way, earlier this there was a tragic accident where I dropped and broke my bottle of Polar Brown on the bathroom rug. It washed out.

Since Red has no votes, if the muted blue is made how about naming it, "Carbon Steel Blue" although Badger Blues with a Badger playing something jazzy to a Catfish might be a pretty good label.

I think you should make a video on how to fill FP's! :lol:

I can see this video taking form already...."First thing is to clean the pen out (ink gets all over my hands) Open the bottle of ink (drops cap, ink droplets fly everywhere) insert the pen into the ink and fill (accidentally dip fingertips into bottle) wipe the tip of the pen (ink bleeds through napkin onto my hands) and write (smears ink all over forearms)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom