What's new

Here Comes Irma!

Left shelter at 7 am. One tree down in the shelter parking lot. Many recently planted smaller trees knocked over. Little street flooding that I saw. Apparently a house here and there have a large tree in/on them. No roof or window damage, both trees standing at my house. Lots of leaf and limb debris. Cleanup begins. No power. Beautiful day!

Glad to hear that you and the family are safe and the house in one piece. I was thinking about you yesterday as I was glued to MSNBC all day. I didn't see much coverage of Cape Coral on the news. The only time I heard the mayor interviewed she was talking about "structure" fires in CC that the fire dept couldn't respond to. The thing I hate about having FIOS is no Weather Channel during major weather events. FIOS only carries accuweather which is so bad that it's totally unwatchable. I would never recommend FIOS to anyone living in a storm zone.

Glad to hear you made it through with no wind or water damage! I'll take leaf and limb cleanup any day over home debris cleanup!

Thanks, guys. The family has started the trip back and are in NWFL. They just passed an accident, but traffic is moving. Spent the day in the yard filling lawn trash bags and moving them to the curb. Glad I spent a few days trimming before the arrival, as both trees might have gone down otherwise.

Surprised everything in the refrigerators is still cold. Power is on less than 2 blocks away, but it takes us a bit longer to get it, for some reason. This will be the second longest stint without power. After Charley, we went 5 days.

Our mayor. Goggle search her if you have 5 mins of soap opera time free...

Eye wall was about 25 miles east of me when it went by Lakeland around 12:30a. No damage to my house, and we lost power for like 20 minutes around 9pm. Got lucky as all day it was supposed to come right over Tampa.

Have friends who saw the center in Lakeland. They have video of a church steeple wobbling before it tumbled.

Surf must have been pretty good at Blind Pass yesterday!

Glad everybody is checking in OK.

Sanibel: Sewer working, boil water still in place. Most power on, I guess, and roads are cleared. The cleanup continues. Nightly curfew still in place, also. Both drug stores are open. Rec Ctr available for anyone who needs to shower.

Someone on facebook posted something to the effect of
"Climate change is a hoax"; Climate be saying "Hold my beer...".​

We bugged out from CC to outside of Lakeland. Oops! It was the right call, though. If the projected storm surge hit we would have felt it bad. We've got power, water, and gas, so life is good.

Scared me enough to go to a shelter for the first time. Power came on at 9:30 this morning. Many of my clients today weren't so fortunate.

Ironically both my sister and her family (in Houston) and my parents (in Jacksonville) are affected by both of the hurricanes. My sister not so bad, no house flooding but car troubles. My parents had a tree come down on one of their cars and on a screened in porch and awning plus flooding in their "sunken living room" below the flooding level ouside, but inside their house. Neither lost power for very long though. Not as bad as some of their neighbors though. Some lost everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear it. Folks within a mile of my house are still without power today. My wife has spent time cleaning shelters and relieving shelter workers in Lee County schools every day since the hurricane. People are still in shelters without safe places to which they can return. I made visits to homes without power in N. Ft. Myers, Pine Island, and Cape Coral Friday. Long recovery ahead.

Eyes on Maria....

Top Bottom