What's new

Henson Team Not Clean Shaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking out the "About Us" page on the Henson Shaving website, since I keep seeing their ads, and I noticed that 4 of the 7 men on the page have full-face beards (including the co-inventor of the razor) and that the other three men, including the CEO, have shaves that are subpar (razors that have given me a shave like that have been relegated to a closet). In other words, most of the men who run the company don't use their own product and the other three don't appear to get a good shave from it.

This doesn't mean that the razor can't be good, but it doesn't instill confidence.

I was checking out the "About Us" page on the Henson Shaving website, since I keep seeing their ads, and I noticed that 4 of the 7 men on the page have full-face beards (including the co-inventor of the razor) and that the other three men, including the CEO, have shaves that are subpar (razors that have given me a shave like that have been relegated to a closet). In other words, most of the men who run the company don't use their own product and the other three don't appear to get a good shave from it.

This doesn't mean that the razor can't be good, but it doesn't instill confidence.

There are a lot of nice things about the Hensons, but I share your observations about principles sporting full or partial beards. I hadn't seen that.

On a related topic, I consider Matt (Razor Emporium) to be a "cheater", since he sports a goatee.

This isn't a fashion comment.

The chin and corner of our lips is one of the most sensitive and tricky parts to shave, and that he sidesteps this area reduces any confidence I might have in anything he says.

What about Henson claiming that 100 RK blades is a two year supply?

Edit: Well, in fairness, the gals (and a couple of the guys) on the about page are clean shaven ;-)

... Thom

Last edited:

That's funny, actually. But IMO, it's a boneheaded move on their part. Either don't post ur pic, or shave before the pic.
Would you buy mouthwash from a guy with bad-breath? Or hair tonic from a bald man? At least the Hair Club For Men guy (Sy Sperling) used the product and had hair on the commercials!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
There are a few YouTube shaving guys with full beards, including one guy whose beard goes halfway down his chest. And I'm watching his shave video ... why ..? :confused1

Hey Lockback!

Let me guess the guys sells shaving products, as well as hair products on his channel. Or at the very least is one of the many shills who pushes said products, because those companies sponsor his channel? I can't tell you how many guys I've seen on YouTube sporting Duck Dynasty beards, and sure enough, there they are showing off some beard products and hair products, and saying how everything is great, and you should buy, bla bla bla.

Counterpoint:

Henson Razor First Use: October 14, 2021
"First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!"

Henson Usage (number of shaves) through 01/16/2024
Total shave with Henson Razors: 782
Detailed breakdown by aggression:

Henson Mild = 359
Henson Medium = 155
Henson Aggressive= 268

I've used plenty of razors and the Henson is the only razor I trust to shave my head daily. In fact it's the only DE razor I would ever consider using on or around the crown jewels.

Paul aka the self proclaimed Henson King

I only have the +++ Henson. In my opinion, it's a good razor.
Marketing has nothing to do with engineering and design in my opinion.
If image and marketing is what matters, just use a mach 3.

One pass is all you need:) It's magic.
1705412105616.png

Reactions: Kix
Hey Lockback!

Let me guess the guys sells shaving products, as well as hair products on his channel. Or at the very least is one of the many shills who pushes said products, because those companies sponsor his channel? I can't tell you how many guys I've seen on YouTube sporting Duck Dynasty beards, and sure enough, there they are showing off some beard products and hair products, and saying how everything is great, and you should buy, bla bla bla.
Actually, the guy I had in mind when I wrote that doesn't sell anything. And he comes across like a really nice guy. I just don't get the whole shaving thing when you have a sagebrush on your face. :hand:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
as if the president of Ford drove a GM.

Everything that I have been hearing about Ford, is the the president of Ford is not happy, until he destroy's that company for good. Every new vehicle that comes out the factory has problems, and far too much electronics in them to be reliable. So, Found on road dead pretty much sums it up, especially if the CEO can't shave with a razor lol.

PS: You know its bad, when your own dealerships are suing you. Its enough to make one laugh. :lol:

Everything that I have been hearing about Ford, is the the president of Ford is not happy, until he destroy's that company for good. Every new vehicle that comes out the factory has problems, and far too much electronics in them to be reliable. So, Found on road dead pretty much sums it up, especially if the CEO can't shave with a razor lol.

PS: You know its bad, when your own dealerships are suing you. Its enough to make one laugh. :lol:
I will never ever buy a Ford.
I had a used one given to me by my father after I graduated high school. I'd pull out of the driveway, go about 100 feet, and the thing would stall. If I was stopped at a light, it would stall. If I was stuck in traffic, it would stall.

I had it in for repairs at a local shop numerous times -- it would still stall. One repair guy said I had gotten bad gas. From a cheap diner maybe, but never from a gas station. Who ever heard of that?

Sometimes it wouldn't start up. You'd keep trying, nothing. Once I had to call a tow truck when it wouldn't start and I was out shopping. As I was waiting, it finally started up, and I was on my merry way, lol.

Now granted as far as I can remember, my father never had issues with it, and he bought it new. If I recall correctly, it was about 4 or 5 years old when I got it.

Still, the brand sticks with me as one to avoid.

Yea, but we can't compare flying to the moon and playing a guitar to shaving, which is personal grooming. And in this case we are talking about marketing. Even if the designer of the razor doesn't want to shave his beard, it is bad marketing to show a picture or video of him marketing the product. Either hire someone clean-shaven who uses the product to do the video, or simply don't show your bearded mug to us at all.

By showing your bearded or stubble-covered mug, you are implicitly saying that you do not use the personal grooming product you're saying I must buy! But if you don't use it, why should I?

It's laughable, if you think about it.
:)

Does the Men's Wearhouse guy appear in holey jeans and a ripped t-shirt in his commercials? "You're gonna like the way you look. I guarantee it!" Nope, he wears well-tailored suits, which is the product he is selling.

I'm sure that Fender guy never made videos plucking the guitar like a 5-year old who found it laying on the dining room table, and making it sound bad. He probably got a pro who knew how to play the guitar to demonstrate it.

Last edited:
Yea, but we can't compare flying to the moon and playing a guitar to shaving, which is personal grooming. And in this case we are talking about marketing. Even if the designer of the razor doesn't want to shave his beard, it is bad marketing to show a picture or video of him marketing the product. Either hire someone clean-shaven who uses the product to do the video, or simply don't show your bearded mug to us at all.

By showing your bearded or stubble-covered mug, you are implicitly saying that you do not use the personal grooming product you're saying I must buy! But if you don't use it, why should I?

Maybe I'm just sensitive because I have a beard today lol :lol:

Does the Men's Wearhouse guy appear in holey jeans and a ripped t-shirt in his commercials? "You're gonna like the way you look. I guarantee it!" Nope, he wears well-tailored suits, which is the product he is selling.

I'm sure that Fender guy never made videos plucking the guitar like a 5-year old who found it laying on the dining room table, and making it sound bad. He probably got a pro who knew how to play the guitar to demonstrate it.
Valid points.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Is a bald guy allowed to run a hairbrush company?

Can an able bodied person design and make wheelchairs?

Should doctors be allowed to get sick?

Does using crash test dummies mean that cars aren't safe, because their execs refuse to crash the cars themself?

Do folks ask to see the chef's stool sample before ordering at a restaurant?

Do people think this man's head should go to the top of his hat?

th-3646550570.jpg

I choose to wear a partial beard. Does that mean I am incapable of operating a razor proficiently in that area, or should I be compelled to shave fully, simply because I don't injure myself enough to wear a tache and goatee?

Has anyone on this forum ever asked to rub a guy's face, before buying a razor off them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom