What's new

Henson Razor Club.

I thought I read somewhere that people were saying you needed pressure with this razor due to its design. I will continue to work through it quarks. I am not getting the ASMR feedback like I do with my other razors like I am used too.
Using the Head Blade allowed me to to simply let the weight of the razor do the work. Applying too much pressure with that razor would result in serious nicks.

I took a look at Henson's website and here is what they have to say:

Apply only mild pressure to your skin.

The Henson is designed to present the blade near the bottom of your hair follicle, right where it meets your skin. The design sets the optimal shave plane for you, and too much pressure can force too much skin against the blade. You may be surprised by how little pressure you need to apply to get a good shave.

The medium and aggressive give more audible feedback.

I have been using the Al mild daily for about a month. BBS every time with 3 passes and buffing. No nicks, cuts, weepers, nor irritation. After decades of wet shaving I may be done buying razors.
I remember a couple of years back you were keen on Gillett Platinum blades. Do you still use them exclusively? Or have you found others that you like.

I thought I read somewhere that people were saying you needed pressure with this razor due to its design. I will continue to work through it quarks. I am not getting the ASMR feedback like I do with my other razors like I am used too.

I think about it more as adding control. With my aluminum razors, I need to be a bit more assertive in the stroke or it could skip a bit. I like adding that assertiveness with a light razor more than I like trying to offset the chonkiness of my heaviest razors.

So don't put so much pressure that you're getting nicks, but instead think about controlling the razor through each short stroke. The Henson takes care of the angle well. I find they work best with a very sharp blade and a small depth of very slick soap. Give it time, you'll dial it in. You've got this, @scribble!

IMG_3018.jpg

SOTD: 05/26/2024

Razor: Henson Mild Aluminum
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Bowl: Timeless Razors Blue Bowl Bowl
Soap: Henri Et Victoria Cognac And Cuban Cigars Croap
Balm: Henri Et Victoria Cognac And Cuban Cigars Balm

Good 3rd shave with the new to me Henson mild razor. 2nd go with a feather blade. Smooth shaves with 2 passes but still had a few spots that could use some additional attention. Going to keep working with this razor. May try the blades that they specd with the razor.
IMG_0725.jpeg

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

What I do you guys think about these blades?
Very impressed with the Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge and Super Platinum, two very good matches for the Wizamet and Polsilver.
The Super Platinum however cost twice the price of the Sharp Edge.
I did not like the Super Stainless.

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

Reactions: Kix
What I do you guys think about these blades?
Very impressed with the Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge and Super Platinum, two very good matches for the Wizamet and Polsilver.
The Super Platinum however cost twice the price of the Sharp Edge.
I did not like the Super Stainless.

View attachment 1852940

View attachment 1852941
I like all of the Gillette 7 o’clock blades, but the Sharpedge are my favorites. Sharp enough and very smooth. They work well in every razor I’ve tried with them. 7 o’clock Permasharps are good too, on the sharper end of the spectrum IME.

Top Bottom