What's new

Henson Razor Club.

What I do you guys think about these blades?
Very impressed with the Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge and Super Platinum, two very good matches for the Wizamet and Polsilver.
The Super Platinum however cost twice the price of the Sharp Edge.
I did not like the Super Stainless.

View attachment 1852940

View attachment 1852941
I have the Super Stainless and SharpEdge. I like them both but if I could only choose one it would be the SharpEdge. The Super Platinum's are on my list to try.

Thank you. Perma-Sharp are among the ones that I have yet to try.

I've used them and find them to be excellent blades.

1716819013737.png

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Cream: Proraso Green
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

I've spent the last few shaves with a PAA Meta-4. I'm reminded again today why the Henson is such a wonderful razor. Smooth and very efficient. The Meta-4 may be more smooth (less blade feel), but I also find it slightly less efficient.

Upon close inspection my headshave this morning wasn't as close as I would like. Loaded a fresh blade and one fantastic pass got me to where I need to be.
Also this gave me a chance to test my travel brush with a shaving stick. Worked like a charm.

Henson + 449
Gillette SharpEdge

IMG_7119.jpg

Pre Shave:Warm water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel and a drop of Jojoba Oil
Razor:Henson AL13 v2 mild
Blade:Tatra Platinum (3)
# Days Growth:2
Soap/Cream:MacDuff's Aspen Parkland
Brush:Simpson's Duke 2 Best Badger
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Jack Black Cooling Gel
Weepers:3
Nicks/cuts:0
Irritation:none
Sharpness:9.5
Comfort:10
Face:BBS-
Neck:DFS+

Great DFS+ shave. My first time with a MacDuff's soap and I like it very much (cushion, glide, etc.). No irritation. My lathering bowl now features some "ridges."

IMG_8928.jpg

Pre Shave:Warm water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel and a drop of Jojoba Oil
Blade:Tatra Platinum (3)
# Days Growth:2
Soap/Cream:MacDuff's Aspen Parkland
Brush:Simpson's Duke 2 Best Badger
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Jack Black Cooling Gel
Weepers:3
Nicks/cuts:0
Irritation:none
Face:BBS-
Neck:DFS+

Great DFS+ shave. My first time with a MacDuff's soap and I like it very much (cushion, glide, etc.). No irritation. My lathering bowl now features some "ridges."

View attachment 1853234
Like the ridges!. I tried to adhere some flattened copper wire to a bowl for "ridges" but could not get it to lay how I was planning. I am always on the hunt for new bowls that are not designed as shave bowls.

SOTD: 05/28/2024

Razor: Henson Mild Aluminum
Blade: RK Shaving Stainless, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Bowl: StuArt Small Swirl Bowl Bowl
Soap: RazorRock Puros Croap
Aftershave: RazorRock Puros Aftershave
Fragrance: Stirling HaverFord EdC

Good shave this morning. Tried the RK razor blade that came with the Henson razor. It was a decent shave. Felt some tugging on the ATG pass. May have just been my angle. Puros is a good lingering scent to start the short week.

IMG_0735.JPEG

Yesterday afternoon's shave

Pre Shave:Warm water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel
Blade:Tatra Platinum (1)
# Days Growth:1.25
Soap/Cream:Shannon's Yuzu Bergamot
Brush:WCS Synthetic
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Nivea
Weepers:0
Nicks/cuts:2
Irritation:some on the neck
Face:BBS
Neck:DFS++

Great shave. My first time with a Shannon's soap and I like it very much (cushion, glide, etc.). Love the scent (discontinued 😥). My neck does not like shaving in under 2 days.

IMG_8933.jpg

I tried the ++ for the first time tonight and I’m impressed. Equally as comfortable as the +, but with a very nice bump in efficiency and more forgiving of angle. I’ll put it through the paces for a bit, but after one shave it’s already making me wonder if there is any point in owning both the ++ and +.
IMG_9341.jpeg

Top Bottom