What's new

Help with Shoes

I purchased a pair of Ecco casual loafers in 2006. I have worn them more days than not since then; admittedly, on many of those days I just wore them to work and then changed once there. They are the Neobasic Sport Slip-ons as seen here. After all this time, the sole has split and I want to replace them. It appears that they have been discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find a pair of these, even used if in good shape? Barring that, does anyone know someone who can replace the soles on these? Now that I know they are no longer made, I really want to buy a pair of each color to last me many more years.

Help please. These shoes were made for my feet.

I have had two pairs of Ecco where the soles have disintegrated with age. They were really comfortable as well. Happened with a pair of Clarks just before Christmas too, as I was walking around town. The moulded but where they are stitched and glued to the uppers just collapsed in minutes and left me with perfect uppers and a sole hanging off!

I have gone off moulded sole shoes!

Saying that, I did contact Ecco when the soles on the boots collapsed a couple of years ago and I think they gave me the address of a UK place that would repair them. Never got around to it though.

Not of much use to you over there but I would guess there may be somewhere over the pond that will do them as well. Get onto Ecco I would.

Good luck, Gareth

These folks claim to be able to do something to resole Ecco shoes, but not with the original sole material:

http://www.nushoe.com/ecco-shoe-repair.html

I have used them to get a pair of Finn Comfort shoes refurbed, and they did an outstanding job on those, but they used OEM soles and insoles. I'm not sure they could do as good of a job on Eccos with molded soles. You may just have to kiss those bad boys goodbye and try to find something comparable. Good luck.

Thanks for the link. Nushoe actually looks like a promising alternative. I'm going to wait on trying them a bit in the hope that I find a serviceable pair for sale. If I do use that repair service, I'll update here with results.

Don't bother with Nushoe for Ecco. They did a great job with replacing the sole on my Ecco. But, they completely change the feel of the shoe and comfort level.

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't done it yet; but obviously I'm still hanging onto this thread and thinking about it.

Also, welcome to B&B snedman!

Go to your nearest true Ecco shoe store not a dept store and pick up a Ecco return bag. They probably won't fix them but give you a credit to be used online at Ecco for new shoes.
How do I know? Done this multiple times maybe not a perfect solution but another idea

Top Bottom