What's new

Help with Ever Ready 1912

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have been wanting to try a 1912 for a while now and finally traded for one today (thanks Ryan). Shaved this evening and I had a few problems in the form of weepers, about four of them and I had to break out the styptic pencil. :cursing: Is the head to be placed flat against your face, or set out a bit? Thanks in advance for any tips.

I have been wanting to try a 1912 for a while now and finally traded for one today (thanks Ryan). Shaved this evening and I had a few problems in the form of weepers, about four of them and I had to break out the styptic pencil. :cursing: Is the head to be placed flat against your face, or set out a bit? Thanks in advance for any tips.
heres a vid to help you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you have a good face prep and lather, plus a new blade in the razor, the best advice is to place the razor flat on the face and then to tilt the top of the razor away from the face very slightly, say roughly by 10 degrees maximum, and to use LIGHT PRESSURE and short strokes. Go gentle. Go slow. Experiment. When all is well you literally can hear the whiskers being whacked off. It should be an outstanding shave. With a DE razor I get 7 quality shaves, and with a SE razor I get 4 quality shaves on my medium coarse beard.

Top Bottom