What's new

Help picking my first modern razor

I've got a couple of vintage gillettes, but now I want to try out something a little more modern just for fun. I've heard good things about the Rockwell 6c/6s, but I am curious if stainless steel is worth the added cost and whether the adjustability of the 6s is worth the added cost over something else in stainless steel like the gamechanger (I already have a gillette slim). I don't grow that much facial hair, so I don't need anything very aggressive.

Thanks for the help!

I would head over to the Italian Barber website and at least take a look at the various models and lines of RazoRock (IB's own house brand) of CNC milled stainless steel razors that have available, such as Game Changers, Lupus, annd more.

The quality of these is razors is quite outstanding IMO, with most reasonable pricing. The only difficulty is, so many options.

IB/RazoRock always include a disclaimer on these razors, saying they are finished "like tools, not jewels," but what tools they are!

Very high value.

Bill

ETA: Re-reading, I see you mentioned Game Changers in your original post, so my apologies if I'm presenting nothing you didn't already know. The endorsement remains.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
My only issue with the 6c/6s is that I gravitated towards the #4 plate and that is pretty much all I used. You have a terrific adjustable with your slim. So I would go for a Game Changer with the .68 base plate as you've stated your facial hair is pretty light. A lot of folks on B&B like their Lupos as well, I have no experience with it. Best of luck in your search!

Edit- keep your eyes on the Buy Sell Trade thread!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I would seriously rather recommend the Game Changers, Lupos or their Chinese clones than the Rockwell. In case of the Rockwell, rather get the 6C, my 6S is so grey that I have to overdose on vitamine D to avoid a depression.

My recommendation goes to the Rockwell 6s.
The extra cost compared to the 6c is definitely worth it as far as my experiences with both razors go.
The Rockwell is a easy to use foolproof razor. No drama.

The Razorock razors are high quality.
The mildest lupo 58 already feels more aggressive than the Rockwell at R4. So does the Gamechanger 0.84. The Gamechanger 0.68 is milder. Feels similar to R4 without delivering as good results.
I ended up selling all Razorock razors.

The main difference is that the Rockwell bends the blade more than the gamechanger or the lupo. That works for my face better.

But that's all only my impression. You have to try for yourself.

Yep, as stated by the great ones above. They certainly have pointed out some great options to try.
But if you are coming from a v.g. tech type. You may like a little nimbleness and low profile head.
Don't get me wrong and you never know until you try.
The 6C/S are great tools. My nephew has mine and it is first DE. He is already looking to confiscate another from my den.
Both are great, I would toss in the Outlander... but it is brass ( which is missing) .. SS is $$$.
Now RR G. Changer lineup, you can not beat... Lots of options. Super value...
So yes, the SB 68 would be a nice super choice to try, comes with some handle options to.
My only dislike on the 6C/S is the head thickness and the clunckiness of it.
I get a great shave from it ( Ps 5/6) but around the pie hole it is a bit of a thor hammer..( for me).

Hey whatever you go for, make the best of it and enjoy it.
Also keep your eye on the FS lists. Might save you more...

There are certainly a lot more options out there...so good luck

Cheers
BFX

RazoRock Game Changer. Start with the .68 plate. You can change just the plate for more aggression later if you want or add an open comb/jaws variant if you shave irregularly and need to mow down the growth.

They state that they are finished like tools but all of mine are perfectly finished and shiny, no complaints.

The Rockwell 6S/C is a good choice too, I just don't like the flip/flopping of the plates. Makes the head extra thick and opens up the possibility of using the wrong setting. That said, I still have my 6S because it is a good shaver.

Rockwell is having a big Black Friday sale already. You’re going to buy a 6C/6S at some point so just buy it now at a steep discount. My 6S arrives next week.

Top Bottom