What's new

Help me choose my next two soaps

Ok so I have cranked through my Razorock Lavender and my Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood. I would like to replace both scents, here’s what’s on my list. Any and all experience is greatly appreciated.

sandalwood
Stirling Sandalwood or sandpiper
PAA Sandalwood science
captains choice Sandalwood

Lavender
PAA Lavender planet
Barrister and Mann
Dr jons
Taylor of Old Bond Street lavender

I know you said that you want to replace it, but TOOBS sandalwood is my favorite sandalwood scent. It is actually what got me started DE shaving. And for some reason I prefer their sandalwood cream scent over their soap. That just me though.

For sandalwood, consider Haslinger. Mild scent, outstanding performance. Pucks are small (60g) so order two. Order from Connaught's in the UK, two pucks plus shipping would run under $14.

Fine Accoutrements Santal Absolut. A straight sandalwood scent, similar to the old AOS sandalwood. This soap is triple-milled and produces very good lather. Costs around $12-15 per puck.

DR Harris has a sandalwood scent, not a dark, rich sandalwood, though, a lighter scent. Still good, though.

Another soap I would suggest is Pre de Provence #63. Not a straight sandalwood, but a great wood and spice scent. This is a quad-milled soap, one 150g puck could last six to nine months of daily saving. Amazon has it for $11.50, sometimes with a 15% off coupon deal.

For lavender, consider Mr. Fine Lavender Pour Homme. Scent is similar to C&S Oxford & Cambridge. This soap is triple-milled and produces very good lather. Costs around $12-15 per puck.

Last edited:
For sandalwood, consider Haslinger. Mild scent, outstanding performance. Pucks are small (60g) so order two. Order from Connaught's in the UK, two pucks plus shipping would run under $14.

Fine Accoutrements Santal Absolut. A straight sandalwood scent, similar to the old AOS sandalwood. This soap is triple-milled and produces very good lather. Costs around $12-15 per puck.

DR Harris has a sandalwood scent, not a dark, rich sandalwood, though, a lighter scent. Still good, though.

Another soap I would suggest is Pre de Provence #63. Not a straight sandalwood, but a great wood and spice scent. This is a quad-milled soap, one 150g puck could last six to nine months of daily saving. Amazon has it for $11.50, sometimes with a 15% off coupon deal.

For lavender, consider Mr. Fine Lavender Pour Homme. Scent is similar to C&S Oxford & Cambridge. This soap is triple-milled and produces very good lather. Costs around $12-15 per puck.

+1! Great recommendations!

I have all of Haslingers options and endorse them. The sandalwood is terrific albeit with a mild scent!

Fine soaps are first-class. The santal absolute and lavender pour home may be just what you want!

:a14: :a14:

I know that they are not listed but. Get yourself the FINE Santal Absolut and Lavender and of course don't forget the matching aftershaves :D

Not a fan of Sandalwood, so no big help there. I do like DR Harris soaps which is offered in Sandalwood.

I LOVE Lavender scents. I have to recommend:
Castle Forbes Lavender. It's a great cream.

For soaps-Martin De Candre
Mystic Water
Cold River Soap Works
DR Harris
Barrister and Mann

I am sure there are others I am missing.

Dr Harris is an awesome sandalwood
PAA Lavender Planet is fantastic and good performer, but is softer so you'll go through it faster.

So I pulled a 180 here, and while I still plan to get a new Lavender soap, I made the following purchase last week.

1579548081768.png

According to the site, it's got a little bit of everything I like in it for scents, so I'm excited to give it a go.

Top Bottom