What's new

Help, I’m hexed

I’ve been bitten by the buy old razors bug. Now I have to figure out how to place two Gillette E-1 Fat Boys into service.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Fatboy for the first pass, other for the second pass. Living the high life.

LOL. I’m thinking of having one finished by Delta Echo in the Cubano Edition. The other one, will stay original, but perhaps refurbished.

Im torn about doing the Gunkote thing and ending its life of originality.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Remember to only use one at a time. If you decide to refinish make sure it starts with a full tear down and inspection and that the pieces parts are plated first then reassembled and registered.

Remember to only use one at a time. If you decide to refinish make sure it starts with a full tear down and inspection and that the pieces parts are plated first then reassembled and registered.

Anyone particularly recommended for this?

Im a relative noob here, so I think you are referring to forum members? Do they have Websites, it do i just reach out to them here?

Im a relative noob here, so I think you are referring to forum members? Do they have Websites, it do i just reach out to them here?

If your going to have Delta do a coating then as some suggested you should have any TTO or adjustable disassembled cleaned if need be by Cap and then sent to either Delta or I like North Shore as well. It's about turn around time. Delta takes longer and North Shore not so long and they both do really good work. Either one start with Cap. Here is his email and he will respond but I know cause I talked to him today he's been really super busy with his full time job as he's in the Navy and on call. He will get back to you and he's well worth the wait. Best there is!

[email protected]

I can help! :a16:

Throw those 2 out and get yourself a decent Gillette NEW.
You don't have to worry about coating or replating.
Ha!

If your going to have Delta do a coating then as some suggested you should have any TTO or adjustable disassembled cleaned if need be by Cap and then sent to either Delta or I like North Shore as well. It's about turn around time. Delta takes longer and North Shore not so long and they both do really good work. Either one start with Cap. Here is his email and he will respond but I know cause I talked to him today he's been really super busy with his full time job as he's in the Navy and on call. He will get back to you and he's well worth the wait. Best there is!

[email protected]

Thank you! I’ll reach out to Cap and check out North Shore. I stumble on Delta, but have not heard of North Shore.

I can help! :a16:

Throw those 2 out and get yourself a decent Gillette NEW.
You don't have to worry about coating or replating.
Ha!

I’ll use my Dovo straight instead of that...LOL. Actually, a NEW is a next up razor. Don’t tell my wife though.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

Yes, both are members here. Someone got you Caps address but let me add that he is in the military so sometimes email responses can be slow. Chris is Chris Evat at RazorPlate dot com.

Here is a sample of Chris' work.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes, both are members here. Someone got you Caps address but let me add that he is in the military so sometimes email responses can be slow. Chris is Chris Evat at RazorPlate dot com.

Here is a sample of Chris' work.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice.

D42D75EE-97F0-4663-A56C-D37A1CAF6223.jpeg
0345655E-1391-4B3B-9919-C2A5B566A62D.jpeg
57ADEC44-2CFD-4621-AF7C-3BDD61E8212D.jpeg
View attachment 832925 View attachment 832926
0345655E-1391-4B3B-9919-C2A5B566A62D.jpeg
Thank you! I’ll reach out to Cap and check out North Shore. I stumble on Delta, but have not heard of North Shore.

Just got these photos back from Cap an this is an example of what even just a good cleaning and tune up can do. As you can see the Toggle is in great shape on the outside and it looked almost as good before it went out to Cap but look what it looked like on the inside! Lots of gunk! Cap cleaned the inside and outside, made all alignments needed and refreshed the numbers on the dial.. so a lot of people who think they just bought a great condition razor only look at the outside not knowing what was going on inside. This is a great example.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You could try both for a week or two and pick the better one and put the other back into BST community.

Just got these photos back from Cap an this is an example of what even just a good cleaning and tune up can do. As you can see the Toggle is in great shape on the outside and it looked almost as good before it went out to Cap but look what it looked like on the inside! Lots of gunk! Cap cleaned the inside and outside, made all alignments needed and refreshed the numbers on the dial.. so a lot of people who think they just bought a great condition razor only look at the outside not knowing what was going on inside. This is a great example.

They have cleaned up very nicely. I might not destroy the original finish with re-plating and have them field stripped and adjusted by Cap, if he has the time.

The silo doors on one open and close at different rates. I’m not sure whether that’s an issue or not, but having them tuned would satiate my OC.

Like you say, a thorough cleaning would be worth it alone.

They have cleaned up very nicely. I might not destroy the original finish with re-plating and have them field stripped and adjusted by Cap, if he has the time.

The silo doors on one open and close at different rates. I’m not sure whether that’s an issue or not, but having them tuned would satiate my OC.

Like you say, a thorough cleaning would be worth it alone.

Yes you have two great Razors and knowing that they not only look good but function properly is a good feeling.
An Caps prices are so reasonable it’s worth it and even if you only decide to keep one I’m sure the value will increase with a properly functioning razor. I know a lot of mine have.
Enjoy those Fatty’s I love mine.

Top Bottom