What's new

Help Identifying this Gillette

I finally decided to take the plunge into wetshaving after months of being fed up with my worthless electric razors shave, and long story short I ended up finding Gillette DE for $4 at an antique store. I picked it up, and polished it to a wonderful shine.

I'm curious as to when it was made, but there is no serial number of any kind on it that I can find, and I've looked pretty good. I found the Geocities page everyone talks about, but couldn't find anything to help me on it. I also searched through many images of Gillette DE's on Ebay, here, and google trying to find one that had a similar handle, but came up with nothing.

From what I can tell, it's either a ladies, or travel razor, and judging just from the style of it, I would guess it is from the 60's or 70's, although without a serial, I can't be sure.

Here are some pictures of it:

As you can see, the only wording on the whole thing is "PAT NOS ON PACKAGE, REG U.S., PAT OFF, MADE IN U.S.A.", and the Gillette logo itself.

After some googling it looks like that is it. Thanks guys! It's cool to know I've got a piece of history sort of, and the fact that it's at least a decent shaver is good to know as well.

Thank you! I just purchased this DE also from an antique store. I followed everybody's suggestions for cleaning it up. I did a fair job, just one little stain on the handle that will not budge. the business end looks pretty good. I paid $2.75 for mine.

That's a good price for the Tech. I also have a Tech and still shave with it in my rotation. It's a good solid shaver, with nice balance and a certain amount of nostalgia to it. It's awesome with a Feather blade, if you can like them.........
Ken

Top Bottom