What's new

Help Identifying - Kingfisher Super Badger

Hi Gents,

I’ve recently purchased the following brush but I can’t find any information online -

6A040693-319E-4B56-A37D-94C95BF675D2.jpeg

C10A3BF4-0D06-412F-86C4-EBF23F76B76A.jpeg

B1A6217A-2E0F-4124-9F80-93433E4D6B32.jpeg

The advert description was as follows -
“Genuine Rare Brand Kingfisher Super Badger Hair Sterilized T55 Shaving Brush, Handmade In England, Comes In Original Box With Care Instructions”

The seller told it belonged to an elderly man who had a collection of them.

Can anyone shed any light on its heritage?

Cheers,
Type1

I looked up the UPC (5023769510189), but it's not in any databases. Trying a Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) search verifies that the 5023769 prefix is for a UK-based company. Interestingly, one database pointed to this company:

Inca Jewellery Ltd
Unit 2
Gelders Hall Industrial Estate
Loughborough LE12 9NH
GB

A Google search brings up their website: https://www.incauk.com

Whether or not this info is reliable is the question. I might just be muddying up the issue. :001_tongu

I looked up the UPC (5023769510189), but it's not in any databases. Trying a Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) search verifies that the 5023769 prefix is for a UK-based company. Interestingly, one database pointed to this company:

Inca Jewellery Ltd
Unit 2
Loughborough LE12 9NH
GB

A Google search brings up their website: Inca UK - Wholesale Hair Accessories & Gift Packaging for the Trade - Inca - https://www.incauk.com

Whether or not this info is reliable is the question. I might just be muddying up the issue. :001_tongu

Thank you! Is your name Morse??

I’ll give them a call.

It's just a rebranded taylor of old bond street S376.

Good spot, however please correct me if I am wrong, Taylor of Old Bonds street don't make them. It would be interesting to find out the original manufacturer.

Inca Jewellery Ltd
Unit 2
Loughborough LE12 9NH
GB

A Google search brings up their website: Inca UK - Wholesale Hair Accessories & Gift Packaging for the Trade - Inca - https://www.incauk.com

Thank you! Is your name Morse??

I’ll give them a call.

I've spoken to them and they are curiously interested too, as you are correct the bar code is their's, however they believe they haven't stocked shaving products for 20+ years.

I've spoken to them and they are curiously interested too, as you are correct the bar code is their's, however they believe they haven't stocked shaving products for 20+ years.

Great story! And a nice looking brush!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Some time back I had a visitor in my shop to replace the knot in an old shaving brush. This brush looks exactly like yours and indeed it was a ToBS banded brush. I am pretty sure ToBS never made their own brushes, but used other makers. This brush looks very much like a Vulfix brush.
The brush I worked on can be seen here:

Some time back I had a visitor in my shop to replace the knot in an old shaving brush. This brush looks exactly like yours and indeed it was a ToBS banded brush. I am pretty sure ToBS never made their own brushes, but used other makers. This brush looks very much like a Vulfix brush.
The brush I worked on can be seen here:

Thats very interesting and great to see. Thank you.

Unfortunately I don't have an end to the story other than the company can't trace the brush.

I'm currently breaking it in and will give it a whirl very soon.

Top Bottom