What's new

Help identifying Gillette New LC vs. SC

I am trying to find online a Gillette New Long Comb razor, but don't know what it looks like. For comparison, I own what I am 99% sure is a bar handled Gillette New SHORT Comb (from a red and black set). I've seen a bunch of past threads on the differences between them, including threads containing pictures of the unassembled razor heads lying flat, but I cannot for the life of me seem to locate a side-by-side photo of the two razors fully assembled. Adding to the confusion, I see ones advertised that look like mine, being described as either LC or SC (but not both!). :bored:

Could some person lucky enough to have both post or point me to a side-by-side photo of a Gillette New Long Comb razor next to a Gillette New Short Comb razor that would allow me to easily distinguish between the two? Possibly with the razors upright?

As far as I can tell from Googling around, such a photo does not yet exist online (or my skills are not up to the task - probably that).

Thanks, nuclearblast - this definitely helps, but does that mean this (my razor) is a long comb then? $photo-2.jpg

Thanks…and I may just be slow, but I'm still confused :confused1 the head in this thread which is identified as a SC New looks like mine: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...yle-Super-Speed-amp-Bar-Handle-NEW-Short-Comb

Similarly, in this link, the pics of assembled razors (scroll down), I can't tell the difference between the heads of the LC vs. SC: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/364731-Gillette-Open-Comb-names

:sad:

No... :biggrin1: The teeth on yours are longer and more curved, can you notice that? Let me try to find a better picture.

Also, look at underside of base plate. SC's have Gillette logo stamped in middle of baseplate. LC's have the logo on one side (can't remember which side).

Ah! I finally get it! The pic really helped. And mine does indeed have the Gillette logo on the side.Thank you! You have solved a long standing mystery for me.

Top Bottom