What's new

Help identifying DE Razor.

I recently acquired this razor it looks like a Gillette Tech but has 0 identifying marks.

I have been unable to find anything, can anyone help identify it?

Attachments

• 20230810_195533.jpg
    20230810_195533.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230810_195622.jpg
    20230810_195622.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230810_195633.jpg
    20230810_195633.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 41

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Looks like a clone of one of the WW2 era plastic or Bakelite handle Gillette Techs, or sort of a cross between a Tech and an Old Type. Someone who knows for sure will likely chime in. Lots of knowledge on this forum ;)

How's it shave?

I haven't used it yet but it feels solid and has a decent weight in hand.
Looks like a clone of one of the WW2 era plastic or Bakelite handle Gillette Techs, or sort of a cross between a Tech and an Old Type. Someone who knows for sure will likely chime in. Lots of knowledge on this forum ;)

How's it shave?
I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it has a good weight and feels solid in hand.

Looks like a "Flying Eagle" an asian knockoff of the gillette, yet the base is oval where the latter eagles were more diamond.... same pin shape as an eagle, i surmise this was stolen from the early 7O'clock, as for the handle? none comes to mind from the shape, over the years frankens have been made by many an older man to be haggled over by latter generations as a unique rarer than rocking horse doodoo worth squillions.

The handle resembles a handle from Gillette’s war area up to the 1950s. The bottom should have the Gillette logo in that case.

The head is not Gillette as far as I can tell. Gillette’s diamond shape is much larger.

The postings on the cap remind me of Rimei, another Tech clone - although these posts are more from the NEW than the Tech. Slots on the baseplate are emulating a prewar Tech.

Cheers,

Guido

Looks like a "Flying Eagle" an asian knockoff of the gillette, yet the base is oval where the latter eagles were more diamond.... same pin shape as an eagle, i surmise this was stolen from the early 7O'clock, as for the handle? none comes to mind from the shape, over the years frankens have been made by many an older man to be haggled over by latter generations as a unique rarer than rocking horse doodoo worth squillions.
Interesting I have never heard of Flying Eagle Razors, I will look into them and see if I find anything. It didn't cost me squillions fortunately was about a fiver, I was buying 6 packs of persona 74 blades and I had to buy 4 razors also to get them. And now I have to add rocking horse doodoo to my collection sounds about as rare as unobtainium.

lasta

Blade Biter
Hi, I've come across similar Flying Eagle razors in China. But most of them are based on the Star razor with oblong lather slits rather than triangular.

Kinda like this:

Screenshot_20230811_201050.jpg

Yours is either a less common variety, an older Japanese replica, or an even rarer "Far East" brand razor (yes Far East is a brand).

I recently acquired this razor it looks like a Gillette Tech but has 0 identifying marks.

I have been unable to find anything, can anyone help identify it?

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought an identical razor about three weeks ago. I shaved with it all last week and it has jumped to the top of my 'favorite razor' list. The shaves have been great!

It appears most similar to the Star DE razor I've got. The safety bar is bent to a different angle from the Star. The triangular cuts in the base plate are different from those I see in some of my Gillette Techs. It's a confusing razor.

I'd like to find a second one, but how do you shop for a razor with no name?

This post has a picture of a Personna safety razor. Has anyone got more pictures of those razors?

I have used this razor 2× now and I really like it the blade doesn't sit right it takes a little finesse to get it as close to even as I can get it but it still is a very nice shave. Mild similar to my Schick Krona.

Top Bottom