What's new

Help finding a shorty

Hello,
New member looking for some guidance. I am looking to upgrade from my SS Feather to a straight but I am trying to find a short blade. I keep a bear and have trouble with the longer blade on my neck. Other than Portland’s 1.75” I haven’t found any and would prefer to find a used one.

Thanks
Matt Clancy

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Hello,
New member looking for some guidance. I am looking to upgrade from my SS Feather to a straight but I am trying to find a short blade. I keep a bear and have trouble with the longer blade on my neck. Other than Portland’s 1.75” I haven’t found any and would prefer to find a used one.

Thanks
Matt Clancy

Yes, I am sure keeping a bear would necessitate a shorter blade. And maybe a long handle, depending on the bear's temperment.

Seriously too bad you weren't around all the times I had shorties to PIF.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Look at Japanese blades, many were shorter. In westerns, try a Dovo Bismarck or the same blank by any number of makers. The old vintage 6/8 Dovo Bergischer Lowes were short, not the modern 5/8 BL. They’re probably too short for bear shaving though!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have A Torrey shortie. Needs to be re-scaled so I haven’t used it yet. You might try a half blade shavette. I use them frequently and they shave beautifully.

Top Bottom