What's new

Hello from Manchester UK

Hello all,

I have been following Badger and Blade for some time, drawing on the expert knowledge.

I started shaving around 1980 with Bic disposables, and progressed thru various cartridge systems with some electric shavers along the way.

4 years ago I took the plunge and bought an Edwin Jagger EJ89 long handle and some Derby Extra blades, which were a happy combination initially, whilst I learned how to shave properly.

Since then I have experimented with various DE razor / Blade combos and have kind-of settled on a winning every-day combo (for me) of Merkur 20C and Astra SP blades.

I still have a Gillette Fusion for quick shower shaves (I know, I know…) and sometimes run it over lightly after a DE shave to give a super smooth finish in awkward areas.

In addition to the EJ and the Merkur, I have a Feather Popular, Wilkinson Sword Classic (the plastic one), Parker 96 Daytona, Wilkinson Sword Classic TTO

Blade wise I have used Feather blades, Wilkinson Sword Classic blades, Supermarket branded Personas, Treet’s, Astra SP and Derby Extra

Have tried many soaps / creams, but have been happy recently using Palmolive classic cream and have long been a fan of the excellent Nivea Men Sensitive Aftershave Balm, which also doubles as a very good pre-shave sometimes. Simple distilled witch hazel for aftershave.

I do enjoy the pursuit of perfection that DE shaving brings and the necessary calm and prepared state of mind that is as essential as the soaps and blades. There is no better feeling than an incident-free perfect shave.

Mike

Welcome! It sounds as if you have things well in hand. +1 on all the Merkur, Astra SP, Palmolive, witch hazel, and Nivea.

Welcome Mike. Always nice to see a fellow wet shaver from the UK. Ask anything and you're likely to find an answer. The guys here know a lot.

Top Bottom