Hello and a Question

Absolute YMMV my friends lol.

I've posted earlier that a sample pack should include:
GSBs
7 o'clock yellows
Nacets
Featgers
BICs

I don't apply more pressure with Astras but cos it doesn't remove my fuzz well I need a a few more passes which causes irritation but it just feels rough to me.

Cheers and happy shaves,

Mawashi

Haven't had fuzz in 50 years...LOL!!

I've been using DE's for a few years along with straight razors. I usually get a lot of irritation if I try getting a baby butt smooth shave. I could probably get a better shave (with my technique) from good quality cartridges but I don't want to spend the money on replacement cartridges and I and HATE how cartridges clog. Plus, I like the wet shaving process. Since I've joined BB I've become more interested in trying different types of razors (ie open comb DE, SE blades, etc) If I use a cartridge now I go to the bath and blast the hair out with the higher pressure water!

You're referring to the stuff on top rofl?!

Buddy I don't get how you could use an astra, when I try one it's like I'm plucking my whiskers while scraping my skin..
Shudders.
Ha ha!!!

It take a genius amount of talent to use Astra.....lol!!

Actually, I have an assortment plus several Feather blades to use with my Barbasol Floating Head and Slant razors. I also glue them to sticks and shave when boredom sets in.....lol!!

Ha ha!!!

It take a genius amount of talent to use Astra.....lol!!

Actually, I have an assortment plus several Feather blades to use with my Barbasol Floating Head and Slant razors. I also glue them to sticks and shave when boredom sets in.....lol!!

That I gotta see, blades on sticks lol.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Whenever I've had significant irritation and/or razor burn it's been because of what I think of as The Too Much Syndrome.
  • Too much time with the blade on my face (too many passes).
  • Too many directions.
  • Too much pressure.
  • Too much too soon of whatever.
  • Too much hurry.
  • Too much soap and not enough water in the lather.
If I were changing one thing in your kit the first thing I'd change would be your blade. Not saying your blade is a bad blade or the wrong blade for you but blades are very individual meaning the right blade for you might be the wrong one for the next guy.
PolSilver.SI.Cropped..jpg
In a DE razor I've decided there's only one blade for me because this one has the right combination of sharpness and smoothness.

Good luck with all this.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I had a lot less irritation today after being more cautious about applying pressure and shaving too fast. I still have a lot of practice to go though! I also ordered a sample blade pack from Amazon to see if different blades are for better for me. I’ll take your advice keep the VDH until my technique is better.

Glad it is working out. One more thing, give yourself time. Your skin also needs to heal from previous abrasion.
That is what I did and it is working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom