What's new

Hats!

I've never really gotten into hats. I've always just worn baseball caps, if anything. Until lately... For some reason, I've really gotten interested in all types of hats. I saw the videos on the Optimo web site, and I just couldn't help but want something, ANYthing, that might fit my style. I actually picked up a cheap wool ascot cap from Target that really seems to fit my style. But it's just a cheapie, with little structure or quality to it. So, yesterday my wife and I took a trip downtown to the local hat store. I finally picked up my first two "real" hats! I've been looking around at different styles to see what I would like, and I ended up with two hats from a local hat store here in Wisconsin, one of which I wasn't sure I'd even consider. Even she ended up getting a hat!

I looked at lots of different hats; different styles, shapes and colors. But most of the traditional fedora, bowler, panama (among other) styles really didn't fit my personality or look very well. But then I ran across a couple of others that really seemed to work.

First up, a stingy brim fedora. It has a tight pattern to it, with small stripes of teal and mustard yellow through it, which you can see with the later pics in better lighting. It's of decent quality, but not on par with better hats like Stetson. Still, I think I may really enjoy this one with a "dress casual" outfit, maybe even a vest of some kind.

My second hat is an eight-panel newsboy cap made of a rustic brown leather. I wasn't even sure this would be my style, but as soon as I put it on I knew I loved it! Now I just need a brown jacket to wear with it...

Top Bottom