What's new

Hats?

I have a Jaxon and two Stetsons. I prefer the Stetsons, especially the Chatham in gray. I also like the Stetson Temple in gray. The Jaxon is a good all-around hat at a low price, but still fur felt. I wear them when possible, though not in windy or foul weather. I have a Belfry 8 Panel cap for that.

...I wear them when possible, though not in windy or foul weather...

My Akubra and Resistol hats are most at home in foul weather. I really can't see the point of a fur felt hat if it can't be exposed to the elements.

Of course, your pate may vary.

My Akubra and Resistol hats are most at home in foul weather. I really can't see the point of a fur felt hat if it can't be exposed to the elements.

Of course, your pate may vary.

I have had rain pouring off mine more than once. The proper initial purchase and good care is all that is required.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Found a really SWEET dark forest green fur felt fedora today in an Antique shop I was browsing, for an exceptionally decent price.
I was trying to justify buying it to myself, and I needed some input on what colors / styles would go with a dark green hat.
Then it came to me...
If you need help justifying a buy, ask for help from the B&B Enablers!! :w00t:

Any input guys?

Found a really SWEET dark forest green fur felt fedora today in an Antique shop I was browsing, for an exceptionally decent price.
I was trying to justify buying it to myself, and I needed some input on what colors / styles would go with a dark green hat.
Then it came to me...
If you need help justifying a buy, ask for help from the B&B Enablers!! :w00t:

Any input guys?

First of all, I need to ask you next time I go to Chicago about antique stores. All we found was very high end stuff. Not much help with the colours. Not my forte.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
First of all, I need to ask you next time I go to Chicago about antique stores. All we found was very high end stuff. Not much help with the colours. Not my forte.

I'm actually about an hour north of the city, so the places I go to are northeastern IL and southeastern WI.
There are some nice "junk" type shops (meaning not the pinky in the air antique shops) but I'm sad to say that shaving gear is none too common.
I am planning to do a drive through as soon as the weather gets better of some shops in Ohio.
I keep hearing that Ohio is THE place to go.

I'm actually about an hour north of the city, so the places I go to are northeastern IL and southeastern WI.
There are some nice "junk" type shops (meaning not the pinky in the air antique shops) but I'm sad to say that shaving gear is none too common.
I am planning to do a drive through as soon as the weather gets better of some shops in Ohio.
I keep hearing that Ohio is THE place to go.

I live a half hour from the Ohio state line but haven't ventured across yet.

My wife bought me an Akubra Coober Pedy some years back that I've only now started to wear due to the inclement weather...I grow fonder of it by the day.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Some of my collection of hats and other stuff.....

proxy.php
[/IMG]

I have lots more than this.Lots more of the other stuff too.

Top Bottom