What's new

Haslinger question

Thread bump. New Schafmilch fan here. Call me a believer.

I'm new to all of this in general, and have been using Red Cella primarily, along with a Spieck stick that I grated into a container. I'm loving the Cella, and the Spieck (while good) will take as bit more experimentation. It's not quite as straightforward for me as the Cella and Haslingers.

Being my first hard soap, I expected to have to bloom the Haslingers, but a test lather showed me that with the same wet brush technique as more or less @Marco's method, a luxurious, rich, slick lather required almost no effort.

The Spieck is tallow-free, and I'm fairly certain the Haslingers is as well.

... Thom

Last edited:
I didn't care for the honey scent. I love honey, just not in my soap.
The honey was the first version I tried (came with the first Shavemac brush I ordered) and agree with you about honey in soap. I received a refill puck of the sheep’s milk today as part of my second Shavemac order and plan on trying it tomorrow. Haslinger makes some excellent soaps though

Sensitive performs really well with no added fragrance or color. The slight scent reminds me a bit of spackling compound for patching walls. I have also mixed it with some other soaps which was very effective and made their scent less intense.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Haslinger is a glorious family owned business proudly carried on from father to son. They make excellent soaps of all kinds. The shaving soap is no exception.

All good soaps.
Use them as a stick
I also enjoy the performance of using these smaller sized pucks as a stick/preshave. There's more contact area on the face using pucks instead of sticks which saves a little time and the added protection by using more product makes a big difference.

I may be in the minority here. I tried the schafmilch years ago and didn’t care for it. Maybe it’s time to revisit…maybe I’m missing something.

I may be in the minority here. I tried the schafmilch years ago and didn’t care for it. Maybe it’s time to revisit…maybe I’m missing something.

If you are open to unscented soaps, try the Haslinger Sensitive. Otherwise, you might like mild scents like Honey or Coconut. Those are probably my favorites, anyway.

If you are open to unscented soaps, try the Haslinger Sensitive. Otherwise, you might like mild scents like Honey or Coconut. Those are probably my favorites, anyway.
The Coconut is about as perfect as a soap can be, at least the Tallow was.

I used to bring in Haslinger by the dozen+, but it's all gone. I never tried the reformulation. I hear it's just as good though.

Top Bottom