What's new

Harrisburg, PA

I’m going to be going to Pennsylvania for some training next week, and will be pretty close to Harrisburg. Does anyone know of any shops in Harrisburg that might sell some good shaving products? I’m interested in any soaps, creams, after shaves and maybe brushes. I’m set on razors and blades so won’t need to worry about those.

Also, I’m going to be arriving in Pennsylvania on Sunday afternoon. I’m going to be in a hotel for 2 weeks and wanted to grab a case of beer for the evenings. Does Pennsylvania have any restrictions on buying alcohol on Sunday?

Thanks everybody.

I'm about 20 miles from Harrisburg.

Alchohol is only able to be purchased at a state liquor store (for the hard stuff and wine) or at a Keg King (et al) when it comes to beer. The stores near me are open on Sundays but don't bother looking for anything in the local supermarkets.

I'm about 20 miles from Harrisburg.

Alchohol is only able to be purchased at a state liquor store (for the hard stuff and wine) or at a Keg King (et al) when it comes to beer. The stores near me are open on Sundays but don't bother looking for anything in the local supermarkets.

Thank you, I appreciate that. In Indiana you can't buy alcohol at any stores on Sunday. The only way you can get it is at a restaurant or some establishment that serves food. It's wacky and I hate it. But since I'm going to be stuck in that hotel room for 2 weeks, some beer will be needed. Any good local brews that may be found in the stores? I'm a sucker for micro brew beer, and always love to try out the local varieties when I'm traveling.

Thank you, I appreciate that. In Indiana you can't buy alcohol at any stores on Sunday. The only way you can get it is at a restaurant or some establishment that serves food. It's wacky and I hate it. But since I'm going to be stuck in that hotel room for 2 weeks, some beer will be needed. Any good local brews that may be found in the stores? I'm a sucker for micro brew beer, and always love to try out the local varieties when I'm traveling.

None that I am aware of. I tend to stick to the vodka or mojito route myself on the very rare occasion that I have a drink.

M

modern man

Camp Hill might have some shops.

As far as beer, better get to the distributor before 6. :lol:

EDIT. Watch out for potholes too.

Yeah, getting beer in PA is a pain in the ***.
And I don't think it's cheap either.
In addition to the beer stores/distributors, I believe you can also buy it directly from a bar - or at least you used to be able to. Of course, this would be even more pricey.
Being there for 2 weeks, I'm sure you can find one of the beer stores somewhere - I'm sure the people at the hotel get asked all the time.

Well I'm here in lovely Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg for my training. I went to one of the beer stores, and see that everything is sold in cases. But as I got to looking around, most of the cases are pretty reasonable. I was able to pick up a case of 24, pint cans of Yuengling's Premium for 16.00. Heck back home a 12 pack of Stella Artois (one of my favorites) is almost 13.00. I guess what I don't drink here I can take back home.

About this Yuengling's, I'd never heard of it before, but it's not too bad. Is this a regional or local brew? The can I have says it's the oldest brewery in
America.

Well I'm here in lovely Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg for my training. I went to one of the beer stores, and see that everything is sold in cases. But as I got to looking around, most of the cases are pretty reasonable. I was able to pick up a case of 24, pint cans of Yuengling's Premium for 16.00. Heck back home a 12 pack of Stella Artois (one of my favorites) is almost 13.00. I guess what I don't drink here I can take back home.

About this Yuengling's, I'd never heard of it before, but it's not too bad. Is this a regional or local brew? The can I have says it's the oldest brewery in
America.

It's America's oldest brewery........made in Pottsville, PA.

==Tom

Top Bottom