What's new

Hamburger; how to get that distinctive flame broiled taste?

One of of the best burgers I've eaten at home. The ground meat was from my brothers ranch. He raises Wagyu. One pound of beef with only salt and pepper. I mixed in bacon grease...oh yeah. I quartered then rolled each into a big ball. I placed each ball on top of a screaming hot cast iron griddle. I let the balls sit for about a minute sizzling. I then squashed each ball down into a patty. Flipped after they were browned.

Carmalized onions, jalapeno's, Lottie's hot sauce mustard, homemade avocado tamatillos salsa and curly fries.

View attachment 570044

Dang, that looks good!

2 questions -

1) Where do you live?
2) What time is dinner?

:thumbup:

I've done a blend of 2 parts chuck and 1 part flank and 2 parts chuck and 1 part top sirloin in my meat mincer (coarse mince) and gently formed into a burger shape (I followed Alton Brown's recipe/technique originally but then started doing my own tweaks). I then would season with salt and pepper on both sides before grilling (or mixing some in as I mixed the patty). I then put them on my charcoal grill using lump charcoal to get that smoky flavour. Medium rare or medium at most with the juices comingling with the homemade mayonnaise on a bun (maybe with some mustard, pickles, tomato, and onion).

Top Bottom