What's new

Half DE blade in a FAC razor?

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried this combination or can speculate on whether it works.

I still have quite a stock of DE blades and this would be a great way to get through the remainder of them.

I have in the past when I had a shavett I would cut feather blades in half and use them and yes they work

Yes it did take half’s, but I couldn’t locate any at the time so I managed to get my hands on some feather de blades and halfed them my self.

Hmm, never tried that, but I have used the shorter Schick injectors in my AC shavettes.

It would hold the DE half blade, so in theory you could shave with it, but I think the better answer is "no", as the blade exposure would be too much. I suppose one could cut them down to size with a pair of scissors, but that would require patience and dedication.

IMO the better approach is to get a DE shavette and use it alongside the Feather AC for a change of pace when shaving.

To add to my personal comments above, I remembered seeing someone on Amazon who used DE blades in their Feather SS. If the link below does not work, look for the black folding SS review with Derby blades. The SS provides more support so maybe it is a better candidate than the DX.

It would hold the DE half blade, so in theory you could shave with it, but I think the better answer is "no", as the blade exposure would be too much. I suppose one could cut them down to size with a pair of scissors, but that would require patience and dedication.

IMO the better approach is to get a DE shavette and use it alongside the Feather AC for a change of pace when shaving.
I will definitely agree with you on this one. Exposure is a great deal more than I prefer. I could possibly shave with it, but I think I'll pass. Perhaps a nice pair of sharp scissors could be used to trim it down. Not something I would bother with unless I absolutely had to.
20200201_153738~2.jpg
20200201_153848~2.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
As long as AC blades last, there is really no reason to use a half DE blade in a artist club razor. I would suspect the shave is sub par. And if you have DE blades to break in half, it should be safe to assume you have a DE razor, so just use that if you have no AC blades on hand. Just my opinion.

Regarding the OP's original question, perhaps a KureNai GF 35 or an IBC razor would be worth considering.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom