What's new

Haircut & Shave Co. SS N075

Is the white washer meant for shipping or to be used while shaving? Dumb question I know, but I've never had a razor with one before. Thanks gents

It is meant for shipping, but I use the nylon washer for shaving as well with all My razors. It is better protection from contact between handle and razor head

Ok, thanks. Mine came in today. Haven't used it yet but I really like this newer handle! I would've thought the date on bottom of the plate would change with the current year, but it says 2018.

Dang, looks like I'll be getting my Stork handle much sooner than I had planned. It just hit NYC per USPS tracking, and assuming no hold-ups, this will be the quickest a package has gotten to me from Russia (ordered Jan. 19, Stork shipped Jan. 20). Funnier still, I ordered a handle via thread posting & PM system from Alpha, a U.K. artisan Jan 25, thinking I'd get it long before the Stork. The Alpha handle still hasn't even shipped, LOL.

Ok, thanks. Mine came in today. Haven't used it yet but I really like this newer handle! I would've thought the date on bottom of the plate would change with the current year, but it says 2018.
From the pictures on his Instagram, all of them have the year 2018 on the bottom.

Pheonominal first shave! New astra SP, and zingari man "the explorer" treated me well. This razor is much more efficient than I was expecting given the blade gap and neutral exposure. There was a little blade feel on the first pass, but almost none on the second. Did a two pass WTG/XTG to finish with a 9/10 DFS. Slight weeper under my chin, but more than likely something I did. Bleeding was stopped by the cold water splash. I see why this razor has gotten so much praise. Build quality is great, and it really is beautiful with the polished finish. Comparing it to the Blackbird, there was considerably less blade feel, and it only sacrificed a slight bit of efficiency. Going to shave daily with it for a few weeks, look forward to getting to know eachother better!
20200219_061210.jpg

Pheonominal first shave! New astra SP, and zingari man "the explorer" treated me well. This razor is much more efficient than I was expecting given the blade gap and neutral exposure. There was a little blade feel on the first pass, but almost none on the second. Did a two pass WTG/XTG to finish with a 9/10 DFS. Slight weeper under my chin, but more than likely something I did. Bleeding was stopped by the cold water splash. I see why this razor has gotten so much praise. Build quality is great, and it really is beautiful with the polished finish. Comparing it to the Blackbird, there was considerably less blade feel, and it only sacrificed a slight bit of efficiency. Going to shave daily with it for a few weeks, look forward to getting to know eachother better! View attachment 1064901
Congratulations @Marhos24 ... Funny that I just shaved with Zingari Man The Explorer for the first time an hour ago. The Sego base really delivers and it has an amazing scent, it really surprised me and it definitely is of elite soap bases. I love my H&S N075, it delivers on all accounts. You will love it as a daily driver. Good luck, you picked one of the best razors out there.

I love my N075 so much, I've spent more than it cost to acquire 3 different handles to use with it; in order to experiment with different knurling, length, diameter, weight & material. The N075 has somewhat turned into a hobby within the main shaving hobby for me.

Congratulations @Marhos24 ... Funny that I just shaved with Zingari Man The Explorer for the first time an hour ago. The Sego base really delivers and it has an amazing scent, it really surprised me and it definitely is of elite soap bases. I love my H&S N075, it delivers on all accounts. You will love it as a daily driver. Good luck, you picked one of the best razors out there.
It's one of my favorite scented soaps! I may buy the cologne just to have a match. I wish I could find more soaps in a similar scent, but have not found any yet. And yes, the sego base is elite! I'm glad I picked it up. Took awhile to pull the trigger due to the cost, but I'm glad I did.
I love my N075 so much, I've spent more than it cost to acquire 3 different handles to use with it; in order to experiment with different knurling, length, diameter, weight & material. The N075 has somewhat turned into a hobby within the main shaving hobby for me.
How have the different handles worked out? I'm used to shorter handles, so that was the only awkward park of the shave. The handle that it comes with is beautiful and very well balanced though, definitely something I could get used to.

How have the different handles worked out? I'm used to shorter handles, so that was the only awkward park of the shave. The handle that it comes with is beautiful and very well balanced though, definitely something I could get used to.

I tend to prefer 85mm length & ~13mm diameter handles; weight...depends on material (SS or ti) & weight of the head.

Here's a 85mmx13.5mm, 77g, SS handle made by Stork that I've had for a few weeks (I have since ordered 2 more that are on the way, one SS and the other titanium--though tbh, the Ti handle is mostly meant for the Blackland Vector I have on the way):

N075 and Stork-Falcon.jpeg

I used to use different artisan handles all the time, when my collection was actually, well, a collection. I currently own only 2 razors (again though, the Vector is en route). I think handles can potentially make a big difference, though some argue not so much. It does for me, that's all I know. You can change the grip feel, head-heavy, handle heavy, finger placement due to length, etc.

I love the Stork handle pictured above with the N075 head.

I tend to prefer 85mm length & ~13mm diameter handles; weight...depends on material (SS or ti) & weight of the head.

Here's a 85mmx13.5mm, 77g, SS handle made by Stork that I've had for a few weeks (I have since ordered 2 more that are on the way, one SS and the other titanium--though tbh, the Ti handle is mostly meant for the Blackland Vector I have on the way):

View attachment 1064941

I used to use different artisan handles all the time, when my collection was actually, well, a collection. I currently own only 2 razors (again though, the Vector is en route). I think handles can potentially make a big difference, though some argue not so much. It does for me, that's all I know. You can change the grip feel, head-heavy, handle heavy, finger placement due to length, etc.

I love the Stork handle pictured above with the N075 head.
Just looked into stork, some very nice handles. And I agree, that handle goes with it perfectly!

Just wanted to follow up since I've been using it for about two weeks now. I had a stint for about 4 shaves where I was getting irritation and some subpar shaves. I was using a Gillette Platinum for two of the shaves and an Astra SP for the other two. Changed the blade to a Nacet and have been better. Had some weepers with the first two Nacet shaves, but the third was awesome. Still trying to figure out the angle. I think this razor might be too aggressive as a daily shaver, but I have not given my face any time to heal after the rough shaves. I might just be re irritating it. Going to give myself a few days to heal up and get back at it. What is everyone's favorite blade in the H&S NO75?

I hope it is not an issue that I am resurrecting this thread but I would like to ask if the NO75 all stainless steel razor that is advertised on H & S website as having "machined vibro finish" means the same kind of mirror finish that some of you have been mentioning as being applicable to a limited edition NO75 last year? I was impressed with the photos of a mirror finished NO75 next to a wolfman that is regarded aa being the industry standard for fit and finish in respect of razors but I am uncertain if the current production NO75 has the same mirror finish or some other kind of lesser level of polishing.

I hope it is not an issue that I am resurrecting this thread but I would like to ask if the NO75 all stainless steel razor that is advertised on H & S website as having "machined vibro finish" means the same kind of mirror finish that some of you have been mentioning as being applicable to a limited edition NO75 last year? I was impressed with the photos of a mirror finished NO75 next to a wolfman that is regarded aa being the industry standard for fit and finish in respect of razors but I am uncertain if the current production NO75 has the same mirror finish or some other kind of lesser level of polishing.
I dont think the polished version is currently stocked, but I'm sure Aji will restock them eventually. He's got some other razors that he's producing right now. Take a look at the mixed metal version with the aluminum baseplate, it's a bit smoother than the all SS model. Also, keep an eye on the BST, the polished versions pop up now and then.

I dont think the polished version is currently stocked, but I'm sure Aji will restock them eventually. He's got some other razors that he's producing right now. Take a look at the mixed metal version with the aluminum baseplate, it's a bit smoother than the all SS model. Also, keep an eye on the BST, the polished versions pop up now and then.

Thanks for the info...could I ask how much wa the polished version?

Top Bottom