What's new

Had forgotten how GREAT Harry's razors are

As a newbie to wet shaving, I still have some bad shave days (learning on a straight Boker and a Feather AC). When I have razor burn from bad technique (as I did this morning), I pull out my Harry's. I believe the Harry's razor is much better than any other cartridge razor out there, and does m better job than my old Fusion Power razor that I used. The Shave Gel was about the same as any can you would buy at Target. I really liked the aftershave balm however. I would compare it to Nivia Sensitive Balm with a light scent. I happen to have an extra handle (still in the box)that I will send to someone if they would like to try it. Obviously I will throw in an unused blade as well. Just PM me if you want it.

Shawn

Harry's new copper handle is quite good looking.

"This limited-edition copper handle is a handsome addition to every guy's morning routine."

Thing about Harry's is they speak our language. My hope is that they will add DE offerings to their line-up. Expose their current customer base to traditional shaving. Let their buyer's choose.

I do like the looks of it but extra $ compared to the standard choices so goes against my cheap gene :wink:

My hope is that they will add DE offerings to their line-up. Expose their current customer base to traditional shaving. Let their buyer's choose.

I asked one of their customer service reps who'd helped me -- something Harry's does well -- about possible DE offerings.
She said it was something she'd like to see, and I got the impression the company just might look at it.

I asked one of their customer service reps who'd helped me -- something Harry's does well -- about possible DE offerings.
She said it was something she'd like to see, and I got the impression the company just might look at it.

That's very interesting! I hope they offer brushes and soaps, too.

i just got one of these in the mail the other day. I got one because i was tired of paying 20 bucks for a pack of 4 fusion carts that i use when i travel. i got a better shave with the harrys razor than i did when i used the fusion. the only two issues i had with the the harry's razor was that it gets clogged very easily and it has a hard time getting under my nose. i wish they would add one more blade like they have on the fusion, but that isnt a deal breaker. all in all, im very impressed and will be using these in my travel kit.

the only two issues i had with the the harry's razor was that it gets clogged very easily and it has a hard time getting under my nose.

+1 on the clogging. The nose hasn't been a big deal for me. But the clogging has been pretty bad. If I go more than two days without shaving it nearly impossible to use my Harry's. I also get worse results with it than with my safety razor when I go ATG. It's still a decent travel kit razor. I have three handles, and even if I lose all those the price point makes it relatively painless to get another one.

I shaved, once, with the one I just got. It was mostly good but one spot under the left of my chin was really rough. I went over it a few times and it caught & pulled every time. That was just weird. Have to see if that happens next time I try it.

Top Bottom