What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm very happy with it.
Just one slight issue, my stamped initials are not consistent. The B looks to not be stamped as deep as the C, so looks a bit odd. I'm picking this will ease a bit with wear.
It is my intention to get a quality wallet this year. When we had the wallet thread it, with shame, that I posted a pic of what I carry. In my defense, I got it when my oldest grandson's school was running a fundraiser about 8 years ago.

Picked up a pair of Allen Edmond Shaker Heights in black off a clearance rack. No box, no bags and a horrible sticker that left residue on the bottom of one sole for $90. :) They have a scuff on the inside side of the left boot but it polished out and my trousers cover it anyways. Super happy! I coveted those for a long time and never pulled the trigger. Was more surprised they had a 10 3E still around.

That takes me up to three pairs of AE's in six weeks. I'm staging an intervention.

The shaker heights had the tweed panels on the throat of the boot. Super casual but super fun. Picked up a pair of AE shoe trees from the local store. They were having a sale on them. Go me! :)

I know, this post is worthless without pictures but they look just like a stock photo.

Berwick Blucher

proxy.php

I just got back from Bangkok. While there, I was advised by people working at the US embassy that the tailor to see was Rajawongse (dress-for-success.com). I ended up getting a bespoke suit and a couple hand made shirts. I liked the result and price enough, that I ordered a couple more shirts which I'm waiting for in the mail.

$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 178
I just got back from Bangkok. While there, I was advised by people working at the US embassy that the tailor to see was Rajawongse (dress-for-success.com). I ended up getting a bespoke suit and a couple hand made shirts. I liked the result and price enough, that I ordered a couple more shirts which I'm waiting for in the mail.

View attachment 639059
Nice suit! How much did it all run you if you dont mind me asking.

$450

You can find less expensive suits there, but this tailor has dressed several US presidents, which was more than enough of a recommendation for me.

$450 for a bespoke suit is still a killer deal from an US perspective since off the racks suits can cost that much or more here in the U.S. How much were the shirts?

Little something something for my birthday. First Alden, first cordovan

ALDEN/JCREW CAP-TOE CORDOVAN BOOTS IN COLOR #8

View attachment 639681

I have these with the commando sole and straight cap toe. They're outstanding, but a friendly tip - Alden's boot laces are a weak point. Consider replacing them with better/nicer laces. I put some $8 or so "biscuit" colored laces on mine and they are much nicer and look stunning (they get so many compliments, I don't wear them as often - as it makes me a little uncomfortable as then folks ask what they are and how much they cost).

Getting married end of May. Bought my suit a couple days ago, a Navy (Dark Blue?) Hugo Boss from Harry Rosen. More then I ever spent on a suit in my life. But seems like a nice suit and fits me well. It is getting adjusted to suit my lengths for the arms and legs.

Picked up these today to go with it.

proxy.php

Florsheim Castellano Chukka Boot, didn't realize it was a boot, barely goes past the ankle to be noticeable. Sticker said $175, and it wasn't in the clearance section, it was on the table at the Bay with the rest of the Florsheim shoes. Got scanned at the register for a mere $52 plus tax.

And a Tommy Hilfiger belt. Lighting sucks, but the browns do match quite well.

Dimitri

Last edited:
Top Bottom